Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Anarchy Arcade

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2013

Create and manage real arcades using your very own collection of games, movies, and other media.

This "game" is kind of nuts.

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By blzzzrrttt

This... thing just went into Early Access today and after messing with it for about an hour I've decided that this is pretty neat! (and totally for crazy people) Basically, you just spawn arcade cabinets (or TV monitors and other things) based on games in your Steam library (which you can then launch from said arcade cabinets) or youtube videos among other things. There's also multiplayer, which I haven't tried out yet, and I'm really interested to see what people do with this thing. I also took a couple of screenshots of some rooms I made!

I put some fighting games in here, that TV is playing a YouTube video of the 'Daigo Parry'
    I put some fighting games in here, that TV is playing a YouTube video of the 'Daigo Parry'
    A 'Dota Lounge'. All the machines are set to play that one Basshunter song when you're not playing them, So is the TV on the left. The TV on the right plays the Valve Dota documentary.
    A 'Dota Lounge'. All the machines are set to play that one Basshunter song when you're not playing them, So is the TV on the left. The TV on the right plays the Valve Dota documentary.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

This looks really fucking cool. Completely useless but still really cool.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so I messed around with this for a little bit and it's super janky but pretty interesting.

The main problem with it right now is that there's no way to actually save your arcade which makes it even more useless than it already is.

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Really? I'm pretty sure you can't manually save but it seems to have saved all my stuff from when I was playing earlier.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wait so are the arcade machines suppose to fight each other? I'm missing the point here.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Corevi
    @blzzzrrttt said:

@corruptedevil: Really? I'm pretty sure you can't manually save but it seems to have saved all my stuff from when I was playing earlier.

Oh ok, it does autosave. Weird that there isn't any indication of that.

A problem that is real though is that you can't launch steam games from the preloaded shortcuts, you have to manually add the .exe and then you lose all the cabinet art.

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: I think the idea is that you'll make an arcade, take it online so people can look at it and/or play games in it? I'm not quite I sure I totally get it either. Although, I do think gathering people to play games in a virtual arcade is pretty funny.

@corruptedevil: I actually think you can launch games from the spawned cabinets, at least certain games anyway. I accidentally did it once, I swear!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: I actually think you can launch games from the spawned cabinets, at least certain games anyway. I accidentally did it once, I swear!

All of the games I spawned (Far Cry 3, Blood Dragon, Electronic Super Joy, The Darkness 2, Marvel Heroes 2015) just brought me to the web store page.

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: That's weird, I know the games load up trailers when you spawn them but I haven't had any that just went to the store page. I did figure out how to launch games though, you have to go fullscreen (or use the virtual mouse) and click on the little green play button on the far left of the screen.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Man what if this game is just Velvet Sundown 2 but in an arcade instead of a boat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.