The phenomenon returns, but this time in space!

#1 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Angry Birds Space is out now, so who has taken the plunge?

I never really spent time with Angry Birds, despite buying it on so many platforms. But I kinda dig this one, I like the gravity concept a lot more than I would,

#2 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Ah, what a load of bollocks. This is the most uninspired series I've ever seen (at least in proportion to popularity).

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9876 posts) -

Angry Birds is pretty fun, provided you're trying for high scores.  It's no Peggle though.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -

I'm as excited for this as I am for Runescape and Club Penguin.

#5 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4710 posts) -

Fuck Angry Birds.

#6 Posted by Artful__dodgeR (10 posts) -

After not touching an Angry Birds game since I got rid of my iShitbrick, I thought "Bugger it, I'll give it a go."

Bored after 5 levels. Same ol' shit is same ol' shit.

#7 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2489 posts) -

Do they explain how the birds got into space, and how they are able to survive outside of the Earth's atmosphere?

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6420 posts) -

Enjoyed it, but it was a breeze compared to Seasons. So much for those "extra hard" levels.

Also, *generic Angry Birds hate comment*

#9 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2489 posts) -

Fuck Angry Birds.

One more time, what did you do with Mr. Snuffleupagus?

#10 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Awesome. Hopefully I'll pick this up the same day I contract TB and am a victim of knife crime.

#11 Posted by Floope (190 posts) -

This franchise should be sent to space.

and it's parents killed.

See that was well thought out.

#12 Posted by McGriddle550 (285 posts) -

I feel all kinds of dirty for actually kinda digging this one.

#13 Posted by PirateNipple (94 posts) -

@Krakn3Dfx said:

Do they explain how the birds got into space, and how they are able to survive outside of the Earth's atmosphere?

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up on my angry birds lore

#14 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Angry Birds is boring as fuck, so many better games out on iOS that get little attention.

#15 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -
@Brodehouse
Angry Birds is pretty fun, provided you're trying for high scores.  It's no Peggle though.
Space Peggle would be something else though!
#16 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

My parents are obsessed with Angry Birds, I think they bought the space one today.

#17 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

I dunno, I'm with op here, I dig angry birds for some reason. I know it's not the most innovative thing ever but it still entertains me. Might buy this later today.

#18 Posted by UlquioKani (1045 posts) -

So much hate for angry birds. I'm not a fan but I liked the trailer

#19 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
I feel like the original Angry Birds was enough Angry Birds for me, never bothered with Seasons or Rio. But how could I say no to gravity? Maybe if I three-star everything they'll let me play as Luigi.
#20 Posted by stinky (1544 posts) -

@Krakn3Dfx said:

yes. video games.

#21 Posted by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -

I like it, makes a good time sync. I don't care for the 'story', but the new mechanics like using gravity to slingshot around 'planets' is cool.

#22 Posted by Veektarius (4772 posts) -

I wasn't into the old Angry Birds, but gravity is enough to interest me.

#23 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

I saw fruit snacks for this in a Wal-Mart a couple days ago. Strange that this is so popular given how many other great iOS games are out there.

#24 Posted by JacDG (2119 posts) -

Never "got" Angry Birds, seemed really boring to me, and I hate gravity elements like this one, so I'll stay far away from it.

#25 Posted by Hector (3359 posts) -

I've never actually played any of the games till now that I bought Angry Birds Space and I must say it's hella fun. I had always been skeptical about the Angry Birds series thinking its just shovel ware but it's actually a good/solid puzzle game.

#26 Edited by SuicidalSnowman (396 posts) -

@stinky: @PirateNipple: @Krakn3Dfx:

Get ready for your "Thing I Wish I Didn't Know" of the day. I was in a Barnes and Nobles today and picked up a National Geographic - Angry Birds - Nasa - Space book (yes, all three had their name on it) and although the book was mostly legitimate space facts with Angry Birds characters delivering one liners in the illustrations ("Whoa, 98m/s! That's almost as fast as me!" - The Purple Bird), the first two pages had some Angry Birds lore. Apparently, the Pigs and the Birds were at a stalemate, when the Pigs made a made dash for the eggs and then jumped into a wormhole. The Birds followed them in, but when they reached the other side, they were dressed like superheroes. And in Space.

So there you go. There is such a thing as Angry Birds lore, and it is awful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.