Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 20, 2020

Transform a deserted island into a paradise in the Switch's version of Animal Crossing.

[SPOILERS] Dataminer Ninji suggests new features to ACNH

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By skyline7284

Saw this on Reddit, but a well known Switch dataminer has revealed a bunch of new features that are likely on the way to ACNH in the near future.

If you don't want any spoilers.... stop here.

The findings include:

Growable Vegetables

Includes tomatoes, potatoes, wheat, sugar cane, carrots and pumpkins

Possible Cooking Recipes

Along with DIY and Clothing Recipes there's also code related to Cooking recipes

Bushes

azalea, hibiscus, holly, hydrangea, camellia, osmathus are all included in the code. Likely to be introduced alongside the Earth Day content?

Diving & Seafood

Diving includes a separate list of fish and seafood. The only current example in the game is the Manilla clam - this might be the reason it doesn't stack in your pockets

Red Returns

Looks like Red will utilize the "Secret Beach" at the top of the map selling his usual artwork, fraudulent and real.

Museum Updates

Looks like there will be additional upgrades to the museum including an Art section. Possible Standalone buildings include a Museum Shop (??) and Cafe. The cafe section also mentions Gyroids.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#2 sweep  Moderator

I just got my island looking the way I wanted so I'm pretty annoyed that I'm now going to have to move everything around to accommodate a bunch of new farmland and buildings, but I'm also overjoyed for exactly the same reason.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ben_H
    LilNatureBoyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

nice

after Mario kart 8 missing a bunch of usual features only to have them show up in dlc or the deluxe rerelease, I figured these things would be coming too

there was still plenty to do in the game before these additions so it wasn't like having way to few items in mario maker 1 from the getgo

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DoctorTran

Cool, cool, cool... so when can I transfer my island to another switch so that I can confidently upgrade from a Lite to a full Switch system? Should’ve waited but caved to FOMO. Idk, maybe I’ll have a second island or some crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.