Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2012

The player takes the position of town mayor in this version of Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS.

Animal Crossing: New leaf and 3DS

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By RedPanGamer
    No Caption Provided

So along with everyone else who owns a 3DS I’ve been playing quite a bit of Animal Crossing: New Leaf

This should come as no surprise that i love it, which appears to be the common factor for this game. Everyone is enjoying it and having a great time enjoying it.

For a while there have been very few 3DS games to be really worth spending the time and money to get and play them. With the release of AC:NL and recent games, such as Luigi’s Mansion, the 3DS line up seems to be taking a bit of a turn for the better.

Pokemon X & Y will be coming out this october which i am also excited for as Nintendo’s first 3d rendered foray into the traditional Pokemon type of games.

All in all, if you don’t have a 3DS, Animal Crossing is a legitimate reason to go and get one. While you are at it go preorder Pokemon X or Y because that will definitely be the next popular game for the 3DS unless something comes out between now and then!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
    deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I have yet to get this game, and am not sure if I will end up actually picking it up. It looks ok but Animal Crossing has never been my thing. Pokemon on the other hand looks like it is bringing enough new to the table that it will be worth my money.

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RedPanGamer

@billythekid:

im super excited for pokemon myself. finally getting out of pixel art is a big deal for me

as for animal crossing id say if you didn't really like the other ones its generally the same sort of gameplay just with my tweaks and additions but its still essentially a life sim with animals lol. still fun to use when waiting for the bus or something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redpangamer: I know, I love the battle animations a lot too. But for me it is more of the gameplay changes that make the new game appealing.

Thanks for the heads up on Animal Crossing, I have been playing the Wii game (City Folk) and found that while interesting, I do not really see it as my thing. I may get New Leaf on sale though but Fire Emblem is still calling my name.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redpangamer: I know, I love the battle animations a lot too. But for me it is more of the gameplay changes that make the new game appealing.

Thanks for the heads up on Animal Crossing, I have been playing the Wii game (City Folk) and found that while interesting, I do not really see it as my thing. I may get New Leaf on sale though but Fire Emblem is still calling my name.

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billythekid: Animal crossing is a good time waster thats for sure and very very popular atm. I'm hoping to go to a gaming convention and i'd love to see how many people have it there to streetpass with xP

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought I would be addicted to New Leaf for a month straight, but I stopped playing it a lot after just one week.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant put this game down. I play it all day in my down time at work and at night I make money collecting sharks and beetles on the island. Im 33. I just thought I would mention this cause most of the new "great" games have not grabbed my attention. Luigi Mansion for example just seamed a bit childish. I have even considered buying a second DS for my girlfriend, who also has a person in my town and she is now constantly wanting to play. She never showed any interest in games before.

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scullinator: new leaf is definitely more fun when you've got a couple people to hang out with in game :P

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know, while I do agree that new leaf is great, I don't think everyone would like it. I also don't think that its worth buying a 3ds for just Animal Crossing, you could probably get a regular ds and that animal crossing game (forgot the name) and i think that would definitely scratch any Animal Crossing itch you may have for a much cheaper cost. That said I am very glad that I bought a 3ds and it is a very safe buy if you know that you like nintendo games, because they are not doing anything really different from before. Same goes for pokemon, if you didn't like pokemon before your probably not gonna like it any more because its in 3D, and you could probably get a pretty similar experience on the ds.

The 3ds just hasn't tried to draw in new-to-nintendo customers, but apparently it doesn't need to and that might be better for people like us who do like their kinds of games. ( I just wish they would stop making wii u games and only develop on the 3ds, I want to play mario world but I dont want a wii u)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.