Building a house in another players town?

#1 Posted by Finstern (643 posts) -

So I noticed in the Quicklook that Brad's lady friend had a house in the same town that he is mayor of, what are the prerequisites to setting this up?

#2 Edited by Chaser324 (6744 posts) -

It works pretty much the same way it has in every other Animal Crossing game. They're both playing on the same 3DS. You can have up to four(?) players in the town, with the first player always being the mayor.

#3 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (329 posts) -

It's kind of a huge bummer, though. My girlfriend fell in love with the game and I'm thinking about buying her a 3DS and her own copy, but that also means she'd have to give up all her progress on her house in the town that I'm the mayor of. Really wish there were a way to move a house to a new town. But, Nintendo!

#4 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2405 posts) -

@quid_pro_bono said:

It's kind of a huge bummer, though. My girlfriend fell in love with the game and I'm thinking about buying her a 3DS and her own copy, but that also means she'd have to give up all her progress on her house in the town that I'm the mayor of. Really wish there were a way to move a house to a new town. But, Nintendo!

you can totally do this

www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/family_gamer_tv_shows_you_

how_to_move_towns_in_animal_crossing_new_leaf

#5 Posted by Scullinator (514 posts) -

My girlfriend also has fallen in love with this game and Im tired of having to wrestle the DS away from her every time i want to play. Im thinking of picking her up her own system as well. I dont trust EBay but there is a purple on going in auction right now for 110.

#6 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (329 posts) -

@quid_pro_bono said:

you can totally do this

www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/family_gamer_tv_shows_you_

how_to_move_towns_in_animal_crossing_new_leaf

Oh dude, awesome, my girlfriend is flipping out. You are a golden god.

#7 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2405 posts) -

@quid_pro_bono: I always considered myself of more of a silver god, but I'll take complements whenever I get them :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.