Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Anno 2070

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

Anno 2070, a part of Ubisoft's strategy franchise Anno, ditches historical settings for a futuristic one. The focus of the game stays true to the series formula of building up cities through exploration and resource management.

Question for Anno vets.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I stopped playing Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery) after a few hours because even though the map stayed the same, they completely destroyed anything I had done and replaced it with their own inefficient civilization. It seemed like a gross oversight that completely disconnected me from the world and made me care much less about the efficiency of my cities, since they were just going to be replaced at the end of every level anyway.

Is this still the case in Anno 2070? Do they still replace all your stuff with their own crap every time the level ends?

Thanks for any assistance.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeeGee

I only played the first couple missions, but things were peristant between them. When I realised things were identical to 1404, I stopped playing them, since the missions are just tutorials for when you want to play a continuous game.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Rattle618

All those missions are just tutorials with some story bits. They are short and designed to show you what the game is about, you will have complete control and freedom once you are done with them.

If you like the game at this point I would suggest you stick with it, cause it only gets better and better.

gjedwards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By gjedwards

in the main campaign, it is split into 3 acts. each act is the same map, but i think that they keep your cities as you made them from one mission to the next. although be ready to start with some very inefficient cities :)

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

If that was meant to be a tutorial, then it was WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAY too long. I played for like three or four hours and then just stopped playing the game because I figured they'd just keep fucking me over and over again as they were.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.