What is your favorite Mobile Suit from Gundam?

DecoyOctopusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hello Gundam fans! I come with a simple question, what is your favorite Mobile Suit from any of the Gundam series? Personally I've always been fond of the MS-06 Zaku II, and quite like the ones shown in Thunderbolt. (Pictured Below)

No Caption Provided

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Not an image from the show, but the Sazabi, particularly the Ver Ka

No Caption Provided

I love all the decedent ones too, the Sinanju and the Sinanju Stein.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off the top of my head I'd say either Emma's Gundam Mk. II or the Quatro's Hyaku-shiki.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough question, I tend to like the the more "realistic" type of UC Federation mobile suits over the overly complicated/showy 90s/00s stuff like the Wing and SEED designs, personally I think I have to go with the MSV version of the GM Sniper Custom.

I'll also say my favorite variation on the classic original RX-78 is the GP01 Zephyranthesn

No Caption Provided

Hornet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's too hard to decide. I can give a top 5 in no particular order though:

1. EMS-10 Zudah - A experimental mobile suit that can go so fast it blows up.
  2. MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki - It like it's overall design as well as the dumb gold color scheme.
  3. RX-178 Gundam Mk.II - It's got that Gundam feel but slightly more streamlined. I also like the dumb vulcan pod it has because its head doesn't have vulcans.
  4. RX-78NT-1 Gundam Alex - It's like the normal gundam, but it's got giant armor plates, and gatling guns in the arms.
  5. RGM-96X Jesta - I just really like the design of it. Even it's beam rifle is neat.
Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am very much a mark for the Wing Zero. Particularly the Endless Waltz variant with the cyber-feathers and more angelic appearance.

Similarly, the Serpents from Endless Waltz were pretty stylish and had a nice "powerful mook" look to them. They barely existed in any meaningful capacity but I liked their look.

I want to like most of the Zeta designs a lot more than I do but they all just feel so over-designed and same-y. And yes, I acknowledge that is a really weird perspective for someone who loves Endless Waltz.

That being said: if I am allowed to do a family then I also really like the Zaku and its iterations with special mention for the Gouf (not sure if that is properly considered a Zaku-like but... it is a Zaku-like). They just look menacing and I love the single eye.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Barbatos looks cool, but most Gundams look quite similar. I prefer Patlabor or Shin Getter Robo

No Caption Provided

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Mezmero

Hard to beat the OG Zaku II, such an iconic design. I've always had a fondness for PMX-003 The O. Even though in-canon it was custom built for a specific Newtype pilot the way it's designed feels like it's not meant for someone who's particularly skilled as it has a number of sneaky, almost under-handed advantages. That being said I'm of the opinion that no weapon systems are as cheap and unfair as fin funnels. Also it skis on land which makes it feel like an evolved form of DOMs which I also like. Gundam-wise the lapsed edge lord in me still has some affection for the Deathscythe but even at the time I found it's lack of long-range options kind of disappointing.

No Caption Provided
DecoyOctopusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: I actually just finished up MSG Unicorn and saw that one, it is indeed pretty cool.

@hornet I like the Zudah quite a lot too, just looks rad.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#11 chaser324  Moderator

I'm not a huge Gundam fan, but the Zaku is just undeniably a bad-ass design.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with the Qubeley Suit. Just because of how it looks.

No Caption Provided
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

Chars Zaku is a classic. That single cyclops eye, the spiked pauldron, and that gumball red. *chefs kiss*

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 24

#14  Edited By infantpipoc

GP-02 from 0083, aka metal gear in spaaaaaace! It certianly looks cooler than most bipedal mechs Yoji Shinkawa came up with. Instead of dick laser, it got two beam sabres. Another MGS link it has, its pilot's Japanese voice actor is Akio Ohtsuka, the voice of all Snakes except Liquid throughout the 3D stealth action series. Ironically, this character in 0083 can be described as "a Liquid Snake looking motherfucker".

xk1x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MS-06S Char's Zaku II is the GOAT, though I'm also partial to the RX-79[G] since 08th MS Team was my first Gundam series.

geeelectronica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

everyone knows Nether Gundam is the best of the best

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hatking

Anything from 08th MS Team, but specifically the custom EZ-8 built from spare parts.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Guntank is clearly the best mobile suit. I mean, look at this little guy!

Beautiful piece of engineering
Beautiful piece of engineering

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Definitely Heavyarms for me. I like the endless waltz variant the most, but I prefer the original's orange and red color scheme.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll be kind of a basic bitch and go with XXXG-01W.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

The Burning Gundam from G Gundam is real close, but the original RX-78 is my fav. I'm a simpleton.

No Caption Provided

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LeStephan

This question is way too hard xD theres sooo many of em.

SOME of em in no particular order:

-Dom

-z'gok (specifically the real grade modelkit version.)

-Guntank (ESPECIALY the origins version which was a prototype or something? but both are awesome, one in a genuinely cool way and the other in a doofy cool 80s robot way xD)

-GP0every one of them(so gp01-04 and the gerbera tetra)

-Anything from advance of zeta <3 (normaly dont enjoy overdesigned mechs but maaaan somehow these just all do it for me despite how insane they get)

-Both the full armor zaku and gundam from gundam thunderbolt (I guess I do like more overdesigned ms'es but im particular about it xD? )

-kampfer

-ReZEL Type-C

-geara doga

- Zaku II kai

-gouf custom

-moon gundam

-Turn A and Turn X (special mentions to the sound design of the Turn X in the anime, It really sounds like a frightening, violent and alien machine)

-more but I should stop :') these are just the first that came to mind. so yeah, no clear favorite in the slightest xD I do clearly prefer Uc stuff in general but Im not above liking some designs from the other series either (love the crossbone or f91 too for example) And who knows it might change, ive only gotten back into gundam 2 years back after having loved gundam wing 18 years ago but for some reason though i disliked all mecha anime besides it. :P Turns out I dont, Its just that I didnt like most of the stuff that was new/popular when I was younger haha.

Top8Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'm a sucker for wings and I love Wing Zero from Endless Waltz. I also love the blaster rifle that splits into 2.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how weird and different the Turn A seems.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 24

@efesell said:

I love how weird and different the Turn A seems.

Great show. Very glad that I watched with Great Gundam Project podcast. Love the more varied mecha design too.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By gtxforza

Too many for me to choose from, so probably the Nu Gundam.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not the worst necropost with Gundam Evolution recent;y releasing on Steam.

Anyway. I'll be basic and go with either RX-78-2 or Wing.