Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Apple Inc.

Company »

Apple Inc., originally Apple Computer, is a computer company founded in 1977 by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Famous for creating and owning both the software and hardware of their computers, they pursued this strategy in other consumer products, with the most notable being the iPod and iPhone.

Your opinions on the new ipod range/new itunes/ping.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Djeffers03

So a few days back Apple announced a redesign of the ipod touch, the nano and the shuffle (pretty much going back a generation). They also released itunes 10, apart from the a few visual changes it's relatively the same. I don't really understand the lack of colour, it just makes the program look dull. Also the new layout option of having album art along the side looks hideous. It's as if they want to turn itunes into Windows media player which is definitely not a good way to go. As for ping, i know it's in its early stages and much will change (hopefully) but at the moment it looks absolutely pointless, you can't even listen to full song even though the service is exclusively about music!  

But anyway, Im super exited for the new iPod Touch range. It's pretty much an iphone 4 that is only lacking in the ability to make calls, yet its half the price. It'll certainly be on my christmas list, if not in my hands before then.  

So what are your thoughts?

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By stinky

iTunes 10, great update IMO, cleaner feel.
    ping, i dont think that much of, some people may like it but glad to see its ignorable.  

iPod touch is kinda wow, if i can afford it later on i would like to have it but my original one works fine still. 

other ipods look fine, but not my thing.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Karmum

Not a big fan of iTunes 10 right now, perhaps it's just something that I need to get used to. It still works (somewhat), which is good. As for the new iPod Touch, I'm seriously considering buying one, not for music purposes though. I still find my Zune HD to be a fantastic music player, but it's pretty awful in the apps department. I've went almost a year without complaining about apps too much, but I'm kind of itching for some. That and FaceTime on the new iPod Touch is pretty nice.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

It was good of them to fix the ipod shuffle but the nano is a shadow of its past, no video, smaller screen and a clip, now its just a shuffle with a screen

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Gav47

I was going to get the new Touch but the sub mega pixel camera is really bumming me out at the moment. I hope Tested do an article comparing it to the iPhone's camera so I can see what its like. I also prefer the look of the old Nano.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By blair

I bought a new iPod Touch 4 (32gb).  I was really hoping it would take styling tips from the iPhone 4, so I was disappointed.  Also, it's way too thin.  Making things thinner and smaller doesn't make them better.  To be honest, I needed a new iPod so I bought one.  I'll see what I really think when I get it.    

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 02sfraser

iTunes 10 is brilliant and Ping is just another social networking option that I'm sure will kick of soon enough. Thing that excites me for Ping is small bands might get more coverage with people liking albums and spreading the word easily.

New iPod Touch range is a awesome piece of technology and I think the new Nano is so bloody cool. Would love to try one since I think the screen looks awkward but people reviewing it say it's great.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Those things still made by Apple? Yeah, no thanks then.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Djeffers03
    @Gav47 said:
    " I was going to get the new Touch but the sub mega pixel camera is really bumming me out at the moment. I hope Tested do an article comparing it to the iPhone's camera so I can see what its like. I also prefer the look of the old Nano. "
    I think the camera is the same as on the iphone 4. Films in 720p and shoots 5 mega pixel images?
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By ArchScabby

I like how with the new Itunes whenever I delete a podcast off my ipod it doesn't freeze up for ten seconds anymore.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Djeffers03
    @WitchHunter_Z said:
    " Those things still made by Apple? Yeah, no thanks then. "
    And your reasoning?
    WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WitchHunter_Z
    @Djeffers03: I don't like their marketing, pricing, closed philosophy or holier than thou attitude.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Djeffers03
    @WitchHunter_Z: It's good business. And the price of ipods, particularly touches is extremely reasonable for what they do unlike say an iphone or mac.
    Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Gav47
    @Djeffers03: Are you sure? The guys in the comments over at tested say not. Anyway I'll wait on till there is some good comparison shots before buying.

From Apple site 

Cameras, photos, and video

• Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still photos (960 x 720) with back camera      
    droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By droop

The new iTunes logo is super ugly.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WitchHunter_Z
    @Djeffers03:  The cheapest iPod Touch is about  £190. True, it is a rather impressive piece of hardware but for that kind of cash you can get an Xbox 360. I don't feel that the apps that are available for it are worth shelling out that much cash, instead of paying £100 or so and getting an MP3 player that lets me use whatever program I want to to sync with it and offers far, far more space than 8GB.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Djeffers03
    @Gav47 said:
    " @Djeffers03: Are you sure? The guys in the comments over at tested say not. Anyway I'll wait on till there is some good comparison shots before buying.

From Apple site 

Cameras, photos, and video

• Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still photos (960 x 720) with back camera      
    "
    Im not sure, don't quote me on that. It's only logical to have the same camera on the ipod touch as the iphone but you should probably trust the tested guys over me :)
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#18  Edited By BeachThunder
    @Droop said:
    " The new iTunes logo is super ugly. "
    Agreed. The old one wasn't exactly great, but the new one is boring =|
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Jack268

Dont even know what this "ping" is, but the new iPod Nano looks sweet. If I didn't have an iPhone I'd buy one. I don't care about iTunes.

Brontes_Muse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Brontes_Muse

I think the ipod nano is going to be pretty popular

Brontes_Muse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Brontes_Muse
    @02sfraser said:
    " iTunes 10 is brilliant and Ping is just another social networking option that I'm sure will kick of soon enough. Thing that excites me for Ping is small bands might get more coverage with people liking albums and spreading the word easily.  New iPod Touch range is a awesome piece of technology and I think the new Nano is so bloody cool. Would love to try one since I think the screen looks awkward but people reviewing it say it's great. "
    I agree with ping helping small bands
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

iTunes 10 a piece of shit and buggy as hell. 

For some reason it opening my music in a broken visualizer when I just try to play it. 

I couldn't care less about Ping.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By MistaSparkle

I tried Ping and thought that was a big waste of time. Nobody I care about is on it. None of my friends or artists.

Brontes_Muse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Brontes_Muse

I think ping is new, and others will join pretty quickly

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.