Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Arc System Works Co., Ltd.

Company »

Arc System Works is a Japanese developer and publisher best known for its 2D fighting games such as BlazBlue and the Guilty Gear franchise.

what is everyones thoughts i arc did a shounen collab like jump force in their signature style?

Valient1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

what if the next game from arc was a shounen collab like jumpforce, having ips like dragon ball super, hunter x hunter, naruto, yu yu hakusho, bleach, one piece and or fairytail? im not saying like the klunky mess jumpforce was but something with real polish!imagine a fighting game done in arcs style like guilty gear or blazblue but with these popular ips into one game kinda like a modern marvel vs capcom or capcom vs snk, i want to hear everyones thoughts on this, what favorite shounen characters would everyone want in a game like that?is it in your opinion feaseable?what sort of sytems or game mechanics would work best? i would like to know!

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really like crossovers, even if they're Arc games.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd play that. Probably work well as a successor to DBZ FighterZ. A Cross Tag Battle type game would be cool too.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'd prefer for them to focus on a specific property.

One of the cool things about DBFZ to me is how it's able to go deep with the roster of characters and all of the details that reference specific scenes and character relationships from the anime. You lose all of that when you have to turn it into generic cross-over fan fiction.

For another recent example of this, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Houses went deep into the established characters and setting from Fire Emblem: Three Houses rather than doing Omega Force's typical cross-over fanfiction thing where a space/time portal opens and characters from many different games come together to defeat a generic evil. By focusing on the established setting and characters, they were able to do actual storytelling and get people invested into the storyline and relationships instead of it just being bland window dressing.

I'm sure Arcsys could still make a great cross-over game that would be fun to play and that would be loaded with interesting roster choices, but it's not my personal preference.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: I don't know, seems a game with the chainsaw man fighting the demon slayer kid would be fun. Add to that you have goku pop in and ok maybe this would be a mess lol.

I would still like to see them try, and instead of the whole we all fell into the same dimension save the world, they could do that jump superstar game idea, with you on a boat visiting the different realms like that new space jam movie i thought was fine for what it was and everyone hated cause corporate celebrating properties = bad.

Hoping on a space boat and landing in each story than fighting in a portion of their story would be fun, vs some of the enemies. Bam no need for a big bad just have the journey end when they reach one piece or something and they all wake up thinking it was a dream.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6 chaser324  Moderator

@topcyclist: I'm only onboard if we get representation from SPY X FAMILY and Blue Box.

But for real though, my personal preference would be for a deep dive into one property, but I'm sure a crossover game would still be a fun game and the fiction isn't all that important in a fighting game anyway.

Valient1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i agree that focusing on one property would be a more structured storyline, and yes crossovers are not popular with everyone, however people love games like marvel vs capcom, marvel vs snk, and things like the mugen system if you use pc.as for a story in anime you remember that short movie with goku,luffy and toriko? that was fun to watch in my opinion, all they would need to do is basicly condense all the shounen characters as if they were in the same universe, put them in a tournament situation and come up with reasons why the contestents enter and give them differnt mechanics like in dnf duel.

Valient1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i meant to say capcom vs snk, but a marvel vs snk would be fun too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.