Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Armored Core V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

The reboot to the Armored Core franchise, Armored Core V takes place in the wake of a global catastrophe where humanity fights over world resources.

Quick look?

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By supamon

So with the big news last week with GB being busy moving over to CBS and all that, I get that the guys have been busy setting themselves up.

Will there be a quick look of Armored Core? I've never played any installment of Armored Core but I like Mecha so I'm interested to see how this turns out. Especially since it's from the same company who did Dark Souls.

EDIT: With or without a quick look I would love to hear everyone's impressions on this game for a newbie. Thanks!

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nekroskop

I hope they do a quicklook of this game. Preferably with Dave, Drew and Vinny.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Seedofpower

They have a pretty large back catalog of games to cover. A few have been coming out these past few weeks and only about 2 quick looks have been posted. Give them a week or so and then ask a staff member politely if it still isn't up.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TentPole

It is 4 in the morning and I can't stop playing.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morningstar

Im hoping for a quick look extravaganza soon.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By supamon

@ahaisthisourchance: Yeah! And played with the controller facing the other way like the japs! "AC grip style"

@TentPole: I'll take that as a good thing but what has you hooked? Is there a huge load of customization? Is the gameplay fast like Z.O.E or slower like Mechwarrior? How long do missions usually last?

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TentPole

@supamon: So this is my first Armor Core but I am loving it.

• The complete online integration with our Giant Bomb team is what has me hooked the most.
    • Huge customization but it can take awhile to unlock new parts for purchase as they are opened up based on your teams level. So if your team is more active you will get more parts sooner.
    • The game is made up of a bunch of small 5 minute skirmish missions, longer half hour story missions, and then constant online battle for territory between the different teams. Sometimes you will have to join up with your team to defend your turf from invading players. We only did this once and we got our asses kicked and lost our territory. There are also giant towering bosses but I have not fought any yet. I
    • Due to the customization it seems like gameplay can change pretty significantly. I am using slow, ground based, plodding, quad legged, long distance, sniper cannon build. So for me it is probably more like Mechwarrior with wall jumping. Very slow. But I found this video showing how a high level, high speed, ariel build look:

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StrikeALight

@TentPole said:

@supamon: So this is my first Armor Core but I am loving it.

• The complete online integration with our Giant Bomb team is what has me hooked the most.
    • Huge customization but it can take awhile to unlock new parts for purchase as they are opened up based on your teams level. So if your team is more active you will get more parts sooner.
    • The game is made up of a bunch of small 5 minute skirmish missions, longer half hour story missions, and then constant online battle for territory between the different teams. Sometimes you will have to join up with your team to defend your turf from invading players. We only did this once and we got our asses kicked and lost our territory. There are also giant towering bosses but I have not fought any yet. I
    • Due to the customization it seems like gameplay can change pretty significantly. I am using slow, ground based, plodding, quad legged, long distance, sniper cannon build. So for me it is probably more like Mechwarrior with wall jumping. Very slow. But I found this video showing how a high level, high speed, ariel builds look:

Sounds awesome. I heard earlier, that the JP / EU servers are segregated, so I'm unsure if this is the same for the EU / US playerbase. I'd love to hook up for some action, after work (I'm in the UK).

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I know I would like it. The last time I touched anything Armor Core related was a demo of Armor Core 1 for the Playstation a long time ago. I think it was on an Underground disc.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TentPole

Just keep in mind that this is the kinda game where you spend just as much time in menus tweaking your build as you do in actual missions. If that sounds boring then this game is probably not for you.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By supamon

@TentPole: So am I right to say it's absolutely essential to join a group and online territorial battles is where the game is at? If you can hold and invade other territories then what happens if no one is around to defend the territory?

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TentPole

@supamon: It makes you join a team after the intro/tutorial before you can play the game proper. That is how essential it is. But, it is also fun and non-intrusive. As far as the territory stuff goes I am still a little sketchy on the details. From Software and all that.

But I do now that you can spend money on defenses for your territory and the other team will have to face bots if you are not there. And I am pretty sure if they when there is still time for you to do some kinda defense mission to keep them from gaining control. It is not always your team facing there team.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.