Nintendo busted out a lot of fresh and hardcore games at E3 2010, unveiling games like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Donkey Kong Country Returns for the first time. It held off on the hard release date talk, instead focusing on counter-punching Microsoft and Sony's casual appeals with solid game announcement after game announcement. Now, however, the Big N is talking release dates, and as you'll see, Kirby will make his return on October 17, while the king of Kong will bounce into the picture again on November 21.
In fact, Nintendo broke out a lot of release dates this morning, including some notable WiiWare and DS titles, as well as a bunch of third-party software. Here's the list, broken down by platform and party:
== TEASER ==Wii - First Party
- Metroid: Other M - August 31
- Samurai Warriors 3 - September 27
- Wii Party - October 3
- Kirby's Epic Yarn - October 17
- PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure - November 1
- FlingSmash - November 7
- Donkey Kong Country Returns - November 21
Wii - Third Party
- Just Dance 2 - October 2
- New Carnival Games - September 21
- NBA Jam - October 5
- Sonic Colors - November 16
- GoldenEye 007 - November 16
- Epic Mickey - "Holiday"
Nintendo DS - First Party
- Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - September 12
- Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs - October 4
- Art Academy - October 25
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! - November 14
Nintendo DS - Third Party
- Super Scribblenauts - "October"
- Final Fantasy The 4 Heroes of Light - October 5
- Rock Band 3 - October 29
- Need for Speed Nitro-X - September 20
- Shantae: Risky's Revenge - September 20
It's a packed holiday season, as most of Nintendo's big titles haven't been pushed into the dreaded Q1 2011 block alongside every other announced game. That's certainly terrific news for Nintendo fans, and its even better news for dudes like me who want to get their hands on Kirby's Epic Yarn after reading some glowing previews about the cute and colorful return of the pink puff. Surely, though, there's more out there that you want. What other games are you thinking about grabbing?