The Silent Hill HD Collection was an embarrassing mess of technical issues, and it’s taken too long for Konami to address them. A long-promised patch (it was announced on April 25!) has been released for the PlayStation 3.
Konami producer Tomm Hulett announced the patch’s availability on the Sillent Hill Community message boards, but made no mention about when the patch would arrive on Xbox 360. I've reached out to Konami about it.
The patch is intended to remedy (or, at least, address) the following issues:
- Improved Framerate
- Voice Sync is greatly improved
- Missing sounds have been fixed
- Missing music has been addressed
- Fog density issues are resolved
- Other minor visual/audio improvement
Let’s collectively remember how rough the Silent Hill HD Collection was upon its recent release. Yuck.