We are actively working on a massive XBox 360 update, which will include pretty much everything we've shipped on the PC in the last year. We'll provide you with a rough date when we have one.
Great news for people who complained Valve has been neglecting the 360 game. And perhaps even better news for people who bought Left 4 Dead on the Xbox (and are, y'know, wondering about post-release support on that one).
The post also detailed numerous improvements coming to the game, from class and teleporter tweaks to the next character class content pack, which it was confirmed will go to the Scout. The first patch is now out, and here's a full rundown of the changes (stolen from Shacknews).
- The Engineer's teleporters can now be upgraded to level three. It will recharge faster the higher level it is
- The Engineer's dispensers can now be upgraded to level three. It will give out metal and heal faster as it is upgraded
- Spies will be able to recharge their cloaking ability by picking up ammo off of the ground or from health cabinets
- Some changes to the second part of the first stage of Goldrush to give the attackers more of an advantage
- Any weapons that fire bullets (shotguns, sniper's machine gun, heavy's minigun, etc.) can now break apart the Demoman's stickybombs
- The icon on the HUD for a person calling for Medic will now give more information to the medic (if the target is low on health, on fire, etc.)
- Added an achievement tracker that will allow people to choose specific achievements that they are trying to get
- There is now a custom icon for death messages when the player was killed from a critical hit
- Added a new particle effect for when a player enters the water
- Added smoke to the feet of a rocket jumping soldier
- Players will now have some particles swirling around them so other players can see when they are overhealed
Anybody still playing Team Fortress 2 out there, or have Gears 2, Left 4 Dead, and other shiny new toys distracted you?