Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Game » consists of 32 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

The sixth main installment of the Assassin's Creed franchise, set in the Caribbean during the age of piracy in the early 18th century. Players explore the memories of Edward Kenway, a charismatic pirate (turned reckless Assassin) and the grandfather of Connor Kenway, the protagonist of Assassin's Creed III.

Assassin's Creed IV Present Day story (ACIII spoilers)

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By FLStyle

Over on the Assassin's Creed Twitter account, they had a present day Q+A, answering select questions about post-ACIII content in ACIV.

• You play as a member of the public who is unwittingly entered into the world of Assassins vs. Templars vs. Juno when they begin working for Abstergo.
    • Juno is a rogue A.I. not a literal reborn one who came before.
    • Desmond is dead, something nefarious may have happened to his body
    • Desmond may return subject 16 style as an A.I. construct
    • Modern day assassins are still around, Desmond's dad etc.
    • No combat in present day. You explore, eavesdrop and hack.
    • Abstergo uses cloud saves to let anyone access anyone else's memories
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Everyone is using the cloud! Though I do really like the angle of Abstergo just being a public company. All the design and fake marketing they do with Abstergo is great.

That being said the ending of Assassin's Creed III makes me not want to play another Assassin's Creed.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Aw shit! This sounds pretty cool.

Maybe this can act as a hub and you can training mini-games kinda how ME3 did with the Citadel DLC. It seems that they have built it large enough! Otherwise this will be a short throw-in, which wouldn't be so great.

automatontribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By automatontribe

So Desmond actually died? Man, it has been a while since I played ACIII but I can't even remember that! Playing five games as a particular character and then he just dies without the story being resolved in any way...wow, maybe there's a reason I can't remember the specifics...

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@automatontribe: He died activating the thingymajig to turn on Juno to stop the impending solar flare that will destroy most of the world but apparently never happened anyway. Ancient aliens, blah blah blah.

The present day story of AC is a mess.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

doesn't matter, got pirates

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

Cool. Although I want the buildup to be Desmond returning and wrecking some shit.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Damn... was hoping there was going to be none of that...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God dammit Ubisoft. Do you still not realize that no gives a fuck about your up-it's-own-ass modern day bullshit?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they stop with the modern day stuff. Just give me some good historian story and gameplay like ezio.

automatontribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maskedarcstrike: I seem to remember the ending having some drawn art with Desmond preaching as a sort of Jesus figure in a green and verdant landscape...am I just making this up? But yeah, the story is just incomprehensible at this point, too many hands have touched it I suspect.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

The modern day part of Assassin's Creed is the worst part of that entire series. Also ancient aliens.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I liked the modern day stuff until idk Brotherhood or whatever, but they should just give it up already. They're going nowhere with it and it serves no purpose.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShadyPingu

That Juno is not an actual goddess walking around future world makes AC3's ending less stupid, but only slightly.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but looking back, AC would've been so much better if they stayed vague on the First Civ stuff. Would've also liked if they scrapped the sci-fi frame story nonsense. Imagine if they had actually pulled off a good multi-generational historical conspiracy story.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

@automatontribe said:

@maskedarcstrike: I seem to remember the ending having some drawn art with Desmond preaching as a sort of Jesus figure in a green and verdant landscape...am I just making this up? But yeah, the story is just incomprehensible at this point, too many hands have touched it I suspect.

I'm pretty sure that was Juno saying if they don't stop the solar flare, he could rebuild society in his image and then that human nature would cause everything to get interpreted over thousands of years and basically cause everything to repeat again, and desmond said fuck that. I haven't touched ACIII since release so...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I could literally not care less about any of the present day stuff. Hell I was hoping they wouldn't even include it in this game.

automatontribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By automatontribe

@collegeguymike: But wouldn't the solar flare kill everyone if they didn't stop it? I'm confused.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#18  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

@automatontribe: I feel like it was some kind of, "YOU WILL BE SAVED WHAT BY BEING IN THIS VAULT AND SOME OF HUMANITY WILL SURVIVE AND YOU SHALL REBUILD THE EARTH" type deal. So very dumb.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dammit.... After 3 I said, I Said NO MORE!....

But This game keeps looks cooler and cooler......

They did it again..... Damn you bastards.....

SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SilenceUK

@maskedarcstrike: Sorry wrong wrong wrong lol the flare DID happen and she saved the human race from dying from it, now shes around and able to what every she wants with us the planet etc

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By AngelN7

Wait why would Juno turn into an I.A? so the world is ok and she being alive isn't all that important? got it... the modern day stuff had so much potential but they botch it since Brotherhood.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Tennmuerti

So the present day story continues to be utter nonsense?

Cool, i can keep on ignoring it.

(also lol cloud saves and retcons)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have to wonder if Ubisoft's end goal is just to make all their games exist in the same universe. Imagine a world if Sam Fisher is part of the Assassins and in Watchdogs you play as a major fight against the templars. Imagine a world where Rayman is actually the first templar and it tells the tale of how the Templars became to be.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By TheHBK

The ending, and overall story for Assassin's creed on the outside is so stupid. I felt really disappointed and the fact that it took 5 games, to tell that story, really bad.

Also, I am so fucking disappointed that they only made one game, not counting portable games, take place during the crusades. I remember being so pumped for that first game. To ride horses and interact with towns during that time period, sounded great. It wasn't that amazing of a game, but I played through it twice.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wish they would keep the Assasin's Creed games focused on their own time period. I don't know a single person who actually likes the future-world and the ridiculous, nonsensical story there.

If they were smart, they would have just the period-peices, and leave clues about there being a bigger story that ties the games together. It's up to the player and the internet community to piece the bigger story together.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That all sounds fucking stupid. Don't even see why they're continuing the modern day stuff. Unless Desmond comes back alive and obliterates Abstergo and Juno, I don't care for their half-assed story anymore. I'll still be playing the game though because pirates. Arrrgh me mateys!

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modern-day combat was the only real appeal of modern-day anything in AC. Now that they're yanking that I couldn't care less about any modern day features.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.