Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Unity

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

The Assassin's Creed series heads to Paris, France, amid the French Revolution. The player controls Arno Dorian, an Assassin, as he attempts to disrupt and destroy the true powers behind the Revolution.

Assassin's Creed Unity Preorders

TrueHeresy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders,

I know preorders seem to be a thing generally frowned upon on the site and I agree with that stance. However I freaking love Assassin's Creed as a series so I've preordered Unity on PS4. There is a thing Ubisoft are doing where four people can team up and input a code received when preordering to receive in game rewards. I'm one person and I've set up a team - does anyone else wanna join?

The team are called TheInitiates so let me know if you have a code and I'll accept you in and we can get all the stuff together. ALL the stuff!
    Thanks.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

THAT SOUNDS HORRIBLE

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

like putty in their hands...

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Corevi

Yeah this is kinda the epitome of awful.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

THAT SOUNDS HORRIBLE

The next generation of pre-orders is here.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

Ubisoft just keeps getting worse and worse every day, don't they...it's almost as if they are actively trying to get consumers to hate their guts.

They are practically on the verge of introducing pyramid schemes into preordering.

TrueHeresy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what they've caused. I had to come here and talk about this. And I sincerely appreciate all the honesty and deserved cynicism.

In all seriousness I have horrible OCD (not the kind where you say you have OCD because you don't live in a unkempt mess) and this kind of thing makes me feel compelled to do dumb stuff because I like the core of a series. It's something I've wanted to ask about on the forums - like the obsessive grind for trophies/multiplayer levels and where the line between compulsion and enjoyment/fulfilment lies. Kind of a tangent but much more interesting that the embarrassment of a first post. But like I said, it's the kind of thing that really triggers the obsessive parts. Is there anyone else who has experience like that and is it worth a new topic?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what they've caused. I had to come here and talk about this. And I sincerely appreciate all the honesty and deserved cynicism.

In all seriousness I have horrible OCD (not the kind where you say you have OCD because you don't live in a unkempt mess) and this kind of thing makes me feel compelled to do dumb stuff because I like the core of a series. It's something I've wanted to ask about on the forums - like the obsessive grind for trophies/multiplayer levels and where the line between compulsion and enjoyment/fulfilment lies. Kind of a tangent but much more interesting that the embarrassment of a first post. But like I said, it's the kind of thing that really triggers the obsessive parts. Is there anyone else who has experience like that and is it worth a new topic?

It's absolutely worth its own topic. I think that would be hugely informative for people to hear about how someone with OCD copes/doesn't cope with modern marketing and compulsive behavior in games.

I don't have OCD but, time and time again, I've thought about how big a nightmare some practices could be for someone who does. That would be super interesting to me.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'm not even that generally agianst pre orders, but wow does that sound sleazy of Ubisoft.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Good luck with that duder, sorry you became a victim of UBI... er... UBI... um... UBICLAW?

Pre-order shenanigans are rough but I guess if you're gonna get this stuff anyways may as well team up and save yourself the dough.

Or should I say *doe*! (because ubisoft is murdering something innocent).

Ok, I'm out now.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Fredchuckdave

There's no competitive multiplayer, which aside from AC4 has consistently been the high point of the series. Who gives a shit about co-op (aside from the excellent wolfpack mode) in a game where your character is almost completely invincible?

No pirates, no multiplayer, sure I'll play it eventually and maybe it'll be great; but the signs are pointing toward an ACR type performance of okayness. Unless of course Napoleon's in it.

TrueHeresy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again thank you all for the comments and opinions, this really is such a wonderful community. I am going to be a doing a separate topic around mental health/OCD in relation to gaming and I'd really welcome as much input as possible on that. Sorry for the long reply time also, I'm in the UK so the hours are all off.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, I don't hate people who pre-order stuff, I hate pre-order exclusive content. Pre-ordering was actually convenience for me when I was a kid, because it allowed me to put a few bucks down on a game every couple weeks, and kept me from blowing it on other dumb shit. Even still it would be nice to just go in and pick up the copy and not deal with the checkout process on the day of release. But, I refuse to put money toward any games that offer bonuses. That pretty much means I can't buy games at GameStop anymore. I wish I could opt out of pre-order bonuses on Amazon as a stern 'fuck you' to the idea of that being why I'm ordering.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is truly true heresy!

TrueHeresy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@village_guy: Zing :)

@hatking: It's interesting to me that in spite of the good folks fighting the preorder fight such as yourself seem so unfortunately ineffective because they're still making these things - they must sell, to the suckers like me I guess. I'm sorry.

@geraltitude: Also, Zing :)

@spraynardtatum: I made the topic, it's here

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will never get it why people so desperately want these pre-order bonuses. The items never really add anything to the games (which probably is a good thing, but still). I believe I got some 'exclusive content' with WatchDogs, because I bought it on PS4. I had to put in some codes to get some extra side missions (yea, I guess there really were not enough of those) and weapons or something. I never bothered to get those, because ... who cares?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.