Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Concerned About Horses in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE

I'm really looking forward to Brotherhood, but one of the main concerns I have is with the horses.  We've been told that horses will play a larger role in the game, not only as a method of travel (because Rome is so large) but also in battle.  You can assassinate from your horse and also assassinate soldiers who are already on horseback and then take their steed. 

My concern is this: Red Dead Redemption set such a high water mark as far as horses (and perhaps animals in general) in video games.  The horses in RDR looked like real horses, behaved like real horses, etc.  The horses that we've seen thus far in trailers for AC: Brotherhood have looked rather clumsy and that worries me a bit.

Anyone else share my hesitation? 

Avatar image for thricebornphoenix
    ThricebornPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ThricebornPhoenix
    @OneAndOnlyBigE: 

Agro (Shadow of the Colossus) was a realistic horse... and he was also a pain in the neck to control. I've had no problems with horses in AC so far. Ultra-realism is the last thing I want from a video game; as long as it controls well, I'm content.
    OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE
    @ThricebornPhoenix: 
    I never played Shadow of the Colossus and I'm not saying that I want everything to be 100% realistic.  If that were the case we'd all die immediately in shooters.  I guess I'm saying that maybe RDR spoiled me in terms of how realistic the horses look
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I can't say it bothers me particularly. Perhaps the game could be improved by adding that steampunk horse from Bioshock: Infinite.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE
    @Gamer_152 said:
    " I can't say it bothers me particularly. Perhaps the game could be improved by adding that steampunk horse from Bioshock: Infinite. "
    Or the Four Horses of the Apocalypse from RDR: Undead Nightmare ;-)
    hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By hexogen

Doesn't bother me. Bethesda games have somewhat desensitized me to bad animation. Go play Oblivion. That'll set you straight.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Teran
    @OneAndOnlyBigE:   The horses look fine in AC2 in terms of art, the animation on the other hand especially while jumping looks out of place... but this was true for RDR as well, I think animating animals for jumping is an extremely difficult task.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.