Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Game Breaking Glitches, Help? Game Ending Actually...

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MaddProdigy

So I'll start off by saying Fuck this game. My god, this has been the most brutal, terrible gaming experience of my life.

As a little backstory, I pre-ordered the game a week ago. Fed Ex lost my original copy of the game yesterday and I'm still currently battling with both Amazon and Fed Ex customer service to try to get my money back, or get my game, which they claim was delivered. But I've been home for two days from 9-5 without a Fed Ex truck in my driveway, obviously they lost it. So yeah, already pissed off by this morning.

But I've watched the quicklook, read tons of reviews, I love Assassins Creed and I just got my paycheck, so I figure I can take a loss until I get my money back from Amazon and I head down to Best Buy to buy a copy of the game. No incident, I get home and immediately sit down to play, on the Xbox 360 by the way. I've been playing about 4 hours, I'm enjoying it, I enter the tunnel system to fast travel and boom, desynchronized and dead. Oh wow, that's a serious glitch. Good thing it re loads automatically at the last checkpoint. Oh wait, the last checkpoint happens inside the tunnel system so...desynchonized and dead. Re load. Desynchonized and dead. Holy shit. What can I do? I sat there getting pissed at my Xbox for a good 10 minutes before I decided to take a loss off my game time and just re start. Starting from previous DNA sequences doesn't work, it's game over.

So I start again, already angry and having to re do hours and hours of progress. I get about 6 hours in, it's around 1 am by now, I'm getting tired but I like the game so I'm still playing. One of my friends invites me to play Black Ops, and invites me to a party. I click on his name, and accidentally choose "Join Party and Game" which would quit me out of my game. At this point I am in the middle of a Campaign mission and my game is paused. I hit "No" and stay in my game, then click his name and click only "Join party". All is well and good, working fine. I tell him that the games fun and I'm not down for Black Ops right now, quit the party. Suddenly, I'm in the AC Brotherhood multiplayer mode. I pressed nothing, did nothing except leave my party. But apparently in the background the game quit me out without saving and entered multiplayer. I'm pissed, this game has some big glitches, but it's fine, I'll just quit the multiplayer and re load single player.

The main menu makes you press Start before you can choose between Single/Multiplayer. So I hit Start and the screen glitches to pure white, freezes for 5 seconds...then the multiplayer loads up. No single player option. I repeat the process. It won't even show me the mother fucking single player. I take out and clean the disk, restart the xbox, quit to dashboard. Everything. It won't even give me the single player option any more. It just loads straight to multiplayer after that glitched white screen.

So effectively, I'm fucked. 10 hours down the drain, for nothing. 120 dollars out of my pocket, for nothing. Whoo. I am...angry at Ubisoft at the moment.

This happened a few minutes ago so I haven't tried anything else, but has anyone else had these HUGE, game breaking, game DESTROYING glitches? I'm never fucking playing Assasins Creed again, I don't care how awesome the games are, this is insane. My soul hurts with how fucking annoying this is haha. Anyone got any suggestions, stuff I haven't tried? Beyond just fucking restarting AGAIN, because that isn't happening...

BrandonPckrfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BrandonPckrfn

Man, same EXACT FUCKING thing happened to me, at least the mp menu shit. Im so fucking pissed right now. GRRR. I have reinstalled, shut off console, restarted game about 20 fucking times. Still goes straight to MP and cant get back to main menu.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Huh. I wonder if this is a widespread issue. Shitty, either way. 

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Sooperspy

That sucks. I bought NFS today instead of AS:Brotherhood, and hopefully when I do get AC, this glitch is fixed.

Avatar image for captain_widdershins
    Captain_Widdershins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks but maybe it's just the nature of the beast. Game devs try to make increasingly complex and sophisticated games but eventually their ideals aren't going to work on current tech.

Either that or they're just lazy fucks. I feel your pain though.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By MaddProdigy
    @BrandonPckrfn:  Yo dude try signing out of your gamer profile and xbox live, then playing the game and logging back in. It didn't work for me but some forums say it's worked for other people.

@Sir_Ragnarok: Yeah dude. I was majorly pissed off last night so I did a lot of googling and forum posting, and both the tunnel and main menu glitch that hit me have hit tons of other people. I wouldn't say widespread, but the fact that so many people have to complain about it at all is unacceptable in my opinion.

@Captain_Widdershins: Yeah, I've been wondering about game glitches in general lately actually. New Vegas and AC Brotherhood have both totally fucked me over with bugs, and whether it's the games getting ahead of the tech or game devs just deciding to patch it later for more profit, both are ridiculous and have really turned me off of the franchises.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Capum15

Huh, that's weird. The only glitches I've gotten are the ones where Ezio occasionally decides to fall down for a few seconds and one where a guy wouldn't spawn unless I was on this house in Eagle Eye mode, but that was hardly game breaking.

Sucks for you, it's been great for me.

Except fucking Aconite and one more Shrunken Head won't drop damnit!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.