Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Opening 2011 with a Strong Closer

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

Edited By Sarumarine

Due to having to work early on New Year's Day and some other stuff, I was unable to enjoy copious amounts of alcohol. So, instead I enjoyed copious amounts of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood until the clock struck twelve. Basically 20 minutes into the new year I got the "Strong Closer" achievement. That was a great little moment to kick off 2011. It's one of those accomplishments you'll get if you keep playing, but imagined getting to level 40 something and still not having it.

I got it with a class I call "The Shootist" that includes the Hidden Gun and the Charge move. It's great for hanging out on rooftops and waiting for your mark to roll by. Aerial Kills are always preferable, but if you can still take a shot if you need it for a killstreak bonus (or other people are on your target). If your killer climbs up to your rooftop, you can wait until the last moment to use the charge and stun them for more points. There's not a whole lot of room to maneuver and no hiding places, so it's easy to target would-be assassins. I haven't had an issue yet where someone has whipped out a throwing knife or other device to stop me, although it's probably a matter of time. I try to mix it up with other classes if it seems too predictable but so far it works great.

It worked perfectly on Florence. I was 2nd place in the last ten seconds and charged one of my pursuers that climbed up onto a rooftop to win the game. It's not quite a party, but I'll take it.

Happy New Year, Everyone

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Sarumarine

Due to having to work early on New Year's Day and some other stuff, I was unable to enjoy copious amounts of alcohol. So, instead I enjoyed copious amounts of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood until the clock struck twelve. Basically 20 minutes into the new year I got the "Strong Closer" achievement. That was a great little moment to kick off 2011. It's one of those accomplishments you'll get if you keep playing, but imagined getting to level 40 something and still not having it.

I got it with a class I call "The Shootist" that includes the Hidden Gun and the Charge move. It's great for hanging out on rooftops and waiting for your mark to roll by. Aerial Kills are always preferable, but if you can still take a shot if you need it for a killstreak bonus (or other people are on your target). If your killer climbs up to your rooftop, you can wait until the last moment to use the charge and stun them for more points. There's not a whole lot of room to maneuver and no hiding places, so it's easy to target would-be assassins. I haven't had an issue yet where someone has whipped out a throwing knife or other device to stop me, although it's probably a matter of time. I try to mix it up with other classes if it seems too predictable but so far it works great.

It worked perfectly on Florence. I was 2nd place in the last ten seconds and charged one of my pursuers that climbed up onto a rooftop to win the game. It's not quite a party, but I'll take it.

Happy New Year, Everyone

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Noodles

Sounds like a grand time; I really need to play Brotherhood! I was in a similar situation (no partying because work in the morning) so I marathoned Darksiders into 2011.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sarumarine
    @Noodles: Heh, that sounds like a good way to reach 2011. Easier to stay up until 12 too.

Brotherhood is a well rounded game. The single player is damn solid, and the multiplayer is great too. It's surprising to see they could get it to work in a game that doesn't seem like it would lend itself to online play.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By project343

I shake my fist so hard at your playstyle. It ruins my game! *shakes fist*

I  love melding in with crowds. I love pretending to walk by my target as I poison him, then merging in with a local shop. But you! See, the minute 1 roof-dweller steps into the game, everyone goes on the roof. And then I'm forced to go on the roof to catch you guys. It's social stealth, not rooftop Mario Bros--jumping on people's faces with pointy knives.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sarumarine
    @project343: 
    Well, that's only when I use The Shootist. I developed that play style when everyone takes to the roofs on levels like Florence and Forli. I find myself climbing to the top only to get knifed in the face or flanked by my pursuer. The gun is great because you can just snipe people standing on rooftops. Sure, it doesn't get you many points, but it's fun to punish people for that.

Now on levels like Mont Saint-Michel or Monteriggioni , yeah, I stick to crowds and use the Morph skill a lot. And throwing knives. Those are great.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus
    @Noodles said:
    "Sounds like a grand time; I really need to play Brotherhood! I was in a similar situation (no partying because work in the morning) so I marathoned Darksiders into 2011. "

I just finished Darksiders yesterday. Awesome game. I finished Bayonetta yesterday too... Man, 2010 was great for new IPs.
    Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Arbie

Ha nice one. Me and my boyfriend got that achievement within a game of each other whilst playing Alliance. Wasn't one I expected to get so soon. 

I actually removed hidden gun from all my 3 profiles. I can be patient at times with that game and it's only a matter of time until "massacre" happens on the rooftop and everyone is back down on the ground. Don't get me wrong though, at times I can get bored and just fly around all over the place. =P I'm looking forward to getting this charge ability you speak of. No longer will a smoke bomb and mashing B fail me! In all honesty, I just sprint the hell outta there when I see my pursuer sprinting towards me in that notorious "assassin" manner.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sarumarine
    @Erzs: 
    Yeah, the charge move is like a shoulder charge where you barrel forward in one direction. You don't have a whole lot of control with it, but if you run into a target or a pursuer you'll instantly handle them in an appropriate manner. It can be stopped with a throwing knife and some other tricks, basically anything that slows you down, but you have to be quick with it.

It's also good for variety bonuses. If you're close enough to your target when you charge, you won't lose the incognito bonus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.