Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asura's Wrath

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Asura's Wrath is an interactive anime action title that tells the tale of violent demigod Asura on a quest for vengeance against the cabal of gods that betrayed him.

Asura's Wrath Rant About Ryu Being a DLC Character

Avatar image for spawnhellraiser
    SpawnHellraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By SpawnHellraiser

The Rant

Whoever told Capcom and CyberConnect2 that adding Ryu as a DLC fighting character to the newly released action game Asura's Wrath should be fired. First off, have you even seen Asura fight? In the demo, the dude DEFEATED a god that basically was half the size of the earth. Asura used all his might to push the god’s fingers from space. GOT THAT? FROM S…P…A…C…E! So how in the heck can Ryu, who isn’t even close to the power of Goku, defeat Asura in a straight fight? Not even Akuma has anything on Asura.

Therefore, this isn’t a fight amongst equals.

Secondly, haven’t we all learned our lesson from Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV and other Street Fighters that has multiplayer matches online that players almost ALWAYS CHOOSE RYU? We are sick of seeing Ryu. Get another character for crying out loud. Heck, if sticking to Capcom-only fighters even choosing Akuma would have been o.k since Akuma has more of a rage than Ryu. Now I know DLC is optional but this is a waste of time and money. They are praying on the Ryu fans to pick this game up and make a not-so-deserved killing off it.

The Rundown of Other Games with Random Character Universes

The hot trend started with Soul Caliber IV. Depending on which system you brought SCIV on, you were either getting Yoda or Darth Vader as an added bonus character. Later, you were able to download the one you were missing via DLC. Now I heard this wasn’t knew to Soul Caliber series but it was knew for me as I never played a SC game before IV. It was knew and rather cool because I am a Star Wars fan.

The next few and upcoming games include Mortal Kombat 9 with Freddy Kruger from the movies Nightmare on Elm Street and Kratos from God of War series (he also appeared in Soul Caliber: Broken Destiny), Ryu from Street Fighter in the now-cancelled MegaMan Universe, and Street Fighter X Tekken with Cole MacGrath from Infamous series, Pac-man (Namco) and MegaMan (understandable since he’s from Capcom).

The Foot

These character are fun to play with but I’d have to put my foot down for Ryu in yet another fighting game other than some new Street Fighter. Capcom can do better. Much better and they never give love to Jubilee from X-Men in their Marvel vs Capcom games.

SpawnHellraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnHellraiser

The Rant

Whoever told Capcom and CyberConnect2 that adding Ryu as a DLC fighting character to the newly released action game Asura's Wrath should be fired. First off, have you even seen Asura fight? In the demo, the dude DEFEATED a god that basically was half the size of the earth. Asura used all his might to push the god’s fingers from space. GOT THAT? FROM S…P…A…C…E! So how in the heck can Ryu, who isn’t even close to the power of Goku, defeat Asura in a straight fight? Not even Akuma has anything on Asura.

Therefore, this isn’t a fight amongst equals.

Secondly, haven’t we all learned our lesson from Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV and other Street Fighters that has multiplayer matches online that players almost ALWAYS CHOOSE RYU? We are sick of seeing Ryu. Get another character for crying out loud. Heck, if sticking to Capcom-only fighters even choosing Akuma would have been o.k since Akuma has more of a rage than Ryu. Now I know DLC is optional but this is a waste of time and money. They are praying on the Ryu fans to pick this game up and make a not-so-deserved killing off it.

The Rundown of Other Games with Random Character Universes

The hot trend started with Soul Caliber IV. Depending on which system you brought SCIV on, you were either getting Yoda or Darth Vader as an added bonus character. Later, you were able to download the one you were missing via DLC. Now I heard this wasn’t knew to Soul Caliber series but it was knew for me as I never played a SC game before IV. It was knew and rather cool because I am a Star Wars fan.

The next few and upcoming games include Mortal Kombat 9 with Freddy Kruger from the movies Nightmare on Elm Street and Kratos from God of War series (he also appeared in Soul Caliber: Broken Destiny), Ryu from Street Fighter in the now-cancelled MegaMan Universe, and Street Fighter X Tekken with Cole MacGrath from Infamous series, Pac-man (Namco) and MegaMan (understandable since he’s from Capcom).

The Foot

These character are fun to play with but I’d have to put my foot down for Ryu in yet another fighting game other than some new Street Fighter. Capcom can do better. Much better and they never give love to Jubilee from X-Men in their Marvel vs Capcom games.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By landon

@SpawnHellraiser: I played the demo. Also, I heard it was, like, 6 hours long.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Zippedbinders

Selling it as DLC is the real issue here, not that its Ryu. It should just be a goddamn unlockable.

Cameos and crossovers happen all the time. How do you feel about everything Rare has ever done? What about Raiden (MK) in Unreal Championship 2? Drizzt in Baldur's Gate? I'm sure there's a page somewhere on this site that would drive you crazy with all the insane crossovers out there.

SpawnHellraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpawnHellraiser

@Zippedbinders: oh yes. I couldn't name them all. And as I mentioned, some of those characters are pretty fun to play with. But I just can't stand RYU tacked on to other games anymore. Yes are right where it should have been an unlockable. But that's a whole other issue with Capcom. Especially since they love to release new versions of the same game. :-(

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By 71Ranchero

Sounds like a pretty nerdy thing to rage about. Its a video game, they aren't real.

SpawnHellraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpawnHellraiser

@Atramentous: hm..i wouldn't call it a rage. I'm just sick of seeing RYU in games outside of SF realm. Compared to other more dramatic nerd rants, mine is pretty weak. I didn't even curse in that compared to my rant about G4tv. hehehe.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TentPole

This is both stupid and silly.

Avatar image for belligerentengine
    BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BelligerentEngine

Eh guys how did that walking cow from God of War fight all those mythological creatures, like I can understand Kratos defeating them he's a mighty warrior infused with the power of a god.

However a cow isn't nearly as strong as a Hydra or a Perseus who's thinking this through! David Jaffe should fire himself imho. I'm putting my foot down!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

I don't really mind Ryu as an extra character. I'd rather he be included in the game instead of DLC, though.

SpawnHellraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpawnHellraiser

@TentPole: well the rant is my personal opinion. its not factual. why call my opinion stupid and silly without giving a reason why its stupid and silly...just saying.

SpawnHellraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpawnHellraiser

@Hailinel: yes, someone mentioned that and I agree. But Capcom just want to capitalize.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hailinel

@SpawnHellraiser said:

@Hailinel: yes, someone mentioned that and I agree. But Capcom just want to capitalize.

Well, the easy solution is that if you don't like Ryu as an extra character, no one is forcing you to pay the extra money to download him.

SpawnHellraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SpawnHellraiser

@Hailinel said:

@SpawnHellraiser said:

Well, the easy solution is that if you don't like Ryu as an extra character, no one is forcing you to pay the extra money to download him.

Very true. I never said i was being forced. I just think its a shame they couldn't use another character.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By rawrz

Of course they would use Ryu since he is well known and beloved. Yeah it would be great for them to use someone else but it really doesnt make much sense for them to pick some lesser known character that only appeals to a small audience if they wanna make money off it.

SpawnHellraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpawnHellraiser

@Rawrz said:

Of course they would use Ryu since he is well known and beloved. Yeah it would be great for them to use someone else but it really doesnt make much sense for them to pick some lesser known character that only appeals to a small audience if they wanna make money off it.

There's a lot more characters that are as popular as Ryu. Heck, they could have used Akuma or Ken and I would have been happy. :D Ah well, just another senseless rant then. lol. I'm still getting the game just only when the price goes down.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By SuperWristBands

Does Capcom own the IP for God Hand? They should just make Gene DLC.

Also, does the fact that it's Ryu sell DLC? I know he is the face of Street Fighter but I wouldn't buy this. And I buy really stupid things when it comes to DLC.

SpawnHellraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SpawnHellraiser

@SuperWristBands said:

Does Capcom own the IP for God Hand. They should just make Gene DLC.

Also, does the fact that it's Ryu sell DLC? I know he is the face of Street Fighter but I wouldn't buy this. And I buy really stupid things when it comes to DLC.

dang, I should have used that in the rant. But yeah, i don't see how RYU is going to sell a lot. Most times, the character is already in the game or unlocked.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hailinel

@SpawnHellraiser said:

@SuperWristBands said:

dang, I should have used that in the rant. But yeah, i don't see how RYU is going to sell a lot. Most times, the character is already in the game or unlocked.

Ryu will sell because he's a popular character.

SpawnHellraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpawnHellraiser

@Hailinel said:

@SpawnHellraiser said:

@SuperWristBands said:

Ryu will sell because he's a popular character.

yes, popularity will trump in this one. Of course, most people will have to get interested in the game first. From reading the forum's threads, a lot of people are passing on it :(

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By PixelPrinny

Shoulda been Bad Boxart Mega Man, imo

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By napalm

@Atramentous said:

Sounds like a pretty nerdy thing to rage about. Its a video game, they aren't real.

I don't know why, but I found this hilarious.

SpawnHellraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SpawnHellraiser

@Napalm said:

@Atramentous said:

I don't know why, but I found this hilarious.

LOL. me too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.