Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asura's Wrath

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Asura's Wrath is an interactive anime action title that tells the tale of violent demigod Asura on a quest for vengeance against the cabal of gods that betrayed him.

Let it be known, this is the first game to have...

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

...a planet vagina. A vagina that is protruding out of a planet that spews... stuff...

Asura's Wrath did it first, and this game is too overly dramatic and... weird... for me to really like.

Planet vagina. Always remember, never forget.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pr1mus

Do you get to punch it?

Or just go inside it too if that's what you're into.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By napalm

@Pr1mus said:

Do you get to punch it?

What don't you punch in this game?

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By pr1mus

@Napalm said:

@Pr1mus said:

Do you get to punch it?

I don't know, i haven't played it. But now its starting to sound great!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By napalm

How many times do I have to hit, "proceed to next episode," before it PROCEEDS TO THE NEXT FUCKING EPISODE. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, EPISODIC GAMES, GODDAMN IT.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By notdavid

The planet vagina's in the first chapter, too. That's how the goddamn game starts.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @notdavid

The planet vagina's in the first chapter, too. That's how the goddamn game starts.

Fuuuuuck, I want this game to hit $20 soon.
    Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Phatmac

ohh yeah the space harrier mission does start with a planet vagina doesn't it?

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By jacdg

@MariachiMacabre said:

@notdavid

You need to experience the madness, it's got some of the best moments in video games this year, and just when you think it can't get any more crazy, it get's mad insane crazy.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cold_Wolven

This game just sounds so bonkers and crazier than even a Grasshopper game.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By napalm

@notdavid said:

Scale and size is something that hasn't really ever impressed me in games, even if it is like, "I'm punchin' this planet!" Like, I don't really care. If there isn't enough substance to justify what's happening, or if it takes itself way too seriously without some hint of irony, humor or self-awareness (not saying it has to be full-on ironic), then it just doesn't do it for me.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Deusx

@Napalm said:

I can't like this ironically because I'm not a hipster

I think not liking the game actually makes you a hipster man. Everyone has watched Dragon Ball Z, this game is basically that with better plot.

Stop being so edgy, you're scaring the children. Enjoy the fucking game.

@Napalm said:

@notdavid said:

Scale and size is something that hasn't really ever impressed me in games, even if it is like, "I'm punchin' this planet!" Like, I don't really care. If there isn't enough substance to justify what's happening, or if it takes itself way too seriously without some hint of irony, humor or self-awareness (not saying it has to be full-on ironic), then it just doesn't do it for me.

It's a fucking shonen manga turned into a video game, why do you have to over analyze this stuff? Geez...

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By napalm

Also, there's a back-dick in episode five. Am I the only one catching these?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By napalm

@Deusx said:

Everyone has watched Dragon Ball Z, this game is basically that with better plot.

Dragon Ball Z is also pretty much the worst thing ever, so there's that. I've pretty much had my fill of that shit with the first two God Of War games, but I do like some of the stuff in here. It's pretty ridiculous.

Also, I feel like you didn't even read my OP. It's okay, I'm enjoying portions of this and I think it's getting better as it goes along. The basic concept of the game I'm not a huge fan of. A lot of this game feels like God Hand, just on a bigger scale and way more serious, which also makes it way less likable on the surface. But I will say, likening this to Dragon Ball Z makes it 110% less appealing, so you should probably stop that.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@Napalm said:

Dragon Ball Z is also pretty much the worst thing ever, so there's that.

You sicken me. GET OUT! OUT!!!

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deusx

@Napalm said:

@Deusx said:

Everyone has watched Dragon Ball Z, this game is basically that with better plot.

Dragon Ball Z is also pretty much the worst thing ever, so there's that. I've pretty much had my fill of that shit with the first two God Of War games, but I do like some of the stuff in here. It's pretty ridiculous.

Also, I feel like you didn't even read my OP. It's okay, I'm enjoying portions of this and I think it's getting better as it goes along. The basic concept of the game I'm not a huge fan of. A lot of this game feels like God Hand, just on a bigger scale and way more serious, which also makes it way less likable on the surface. But I will say, likening this to Dragon Ball Z makes it 110% less appealing, so you should probably stop that.

Then what are you doing playing that game? Did you buy it? Because what a waste of your time and money if you did... This is one of the few cases where I just gotta say, don't like it don't play it man. It's as simple as that. A bunch of people do enjoy the game without your approbation.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Justin258

@Napalm said:

@Deusx said:

I know you've said that there are parts of this game that you enjoy... but duder, the fact that you don't (did you ever?) like Dragonball Z should have shot up some warning signs.

(I always thought Yu Yu Hakusho was better, but that's not what this thread was about.)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By Humanity

@Deusx: Maybe he bought it because of the army of people continuously yelling "you GOTTA play this game!!" regardless of said persons interest or preference.

tonyisdeformed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tonyisdeformed

"I can't like this ironically because I'm not a hipster." But you are a dick.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deusx

@Humanity said:

@Deusx: Maybe he bought it because of the army of people continuously yelling "you GOTTA play this game!!" regardless of said persons interest or preference.

Yeah I guess but I would think a person who visits this site would know more about the game before hand.

@believer258 said:

@Napalm said:

@Deusx said:

I know you've said that there are parts of this game that you enjoy... but duder, the fact that you don't (did you ever?) like Dragonball Z should have shot up some warning signs.

(I always thought Yu Yu Hakusho was better, but that's not what this thread was about.)

Yu Yu Hakusho IS better... Just saying, it's one of the best cartoons every created.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#21  Edited By jeffrud

@Phatmac said:

space harrier mission does start with a planet vagina

Alright, I'm buying this fucking game.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#22  Edited By StarvingGamer

The only real problem with DBZ is the pacing. This game doesn't have that problem.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By napalm

@Deusx said:

Then what are you doing playing that game? Did you buy it? A bunch of people do enjoy the game without your approbation.

Yeah, and I can state my opinion without your approbation on the matter. Thanks though, you can go ahead and leave now. We won't be needing your amazing services any longer. And I'm also complaining to your manager! Terrible, terrible service!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By golguin

@Napalm said:

@notdavid said:

The game's scaling is a big draw (it can't scale any higher than where it goes), but the characters, the dialogue, and the action are a big part of the package. It takes a bunch of inspiration from a good number of anime properties and it puts them together to make one of the most visually amazing packages ever seen in games.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Quarters

The game gets continually better as it goes. The first part(first six episodes) is the slowest part to get through.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deusx

@Napalm said:

@Deusx said:

Then what are you doing playing that game? Did you buy it? A bunch of people do enjoy the game without your approbation.

Yeah, and I can state my opinion without your approbation on the matter. Thanks though, you can go ahead and leave now. We won't be needing your amazing services any longer. And I'm also complaining to your manager! Terrible, terrible service!

I'm just saying man, if you gonna buy something you should be better informed about it. Don't waste your money on things you won't enjoy. But whatever, continue being a hipster.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By napalm

@Quarters said:

The game gets continually better as it goes. The first part(first six episodes) is the slowest part to get through.

Pretty sure episode five was planet-sized Buddha-knockoff.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By golguin

@Napalm said:

@Quarters said:

Pretty sure episode five was planet-sized Buddha-knockoff.

That is in the first part yes. There are three parts total with around 5 chapters in each.

EDIT: The final part is DLC.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By napalm

HEADBUTT FROM HELL. PRESS RT TO BUUUUUUUUUUUURST.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bane122

@MariachiMacabre said:

Newegg has pretty continuously had the game for $20 or less for like 3 months now.

I hope I'm as cool as the OP someday. Without them I'd never know I only like (though non-genuinely so I guess I don't like it?) the game ironically because I'm a hipster.

austinmiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By austinmiller

Just bought it today for the xbox. Amazon has it on sale for 18 bucks. Amazon

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By napalm

@Bane122 said:

I hope I'm as cool as the OP someday. Without them I'd never know I only like (though non-genuinely so I guess I don't like it?) the game ironically because I'm a hipster.

Well, that seems to be the general sentiment. You can joke if you want, but I bet that is a reason some people do like this game.

I think the story is super interesting thus far now I'm in Chapter 7.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#33  Edited By MachoFantastico

Interested to know how people feel about this game. Played through it after the Bombcast crew praised it so highly, and to be entirely honest thought it was one of the most boring experiences of the year. Keep wondering if I missed a point of the experience.

I think a lot of it came down to all that epic crap happening without me having earned any of it... if that makes sense.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By geirr

Sounds fun! Now if only PC releases happened.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By napalm

@TrueEnglishGent said:

Interested to know how people feel about this game. Played through it after the Bombcast crew praised it so highly, and to be entirely honest thought it was one of the most boring experiences of the year. Keep wondering if I missed a point of the experience.

I think a lot of it came down to all that epic crap happening without me having earned any of it... if that makes sense.

Yeah, I think that's a big part of it. Most of it is just scale and craziness for the sake of it. I mean, yeah, I suppose it's earned because he's trying to save his daughter, but the moment-to-moment craziness isn't really earned. One thing I do enjoy is there's way more third-person combat than I expected, so that's definitely offset a lot of my assumed problems with this game that I had before I started playing it. I thought it would just be QTE after QTE, but the gameplay is pretty good and I think it works to the game's benefit.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ravenlight

@Napalm said:

@Pr1mus said:

Do you get to punch it?

Someone should demake Asura's Wrath into an adventure game where the only interaction is Punch.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Quarters

@Napalm: Yeah, that's definitely the highlight of Part 1. I just like the other parts better because the story and characters get stronger. There's still some crazy stuff, but it relies on it less later on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.