The Babel Rising wiki last edited by Jagged85 on 11/28/13 08:27PM
View full history
The pesky Babylonians are trying to build the Tower of Babel, which will reach all the way into heaven, and it's your job as God to prevent that from happening. Luckily you have lightning bolts, massive earthquakes, killer winds, and devastating floods in your arsenal.
The game features Kinect support (and Move Support for the PS3), along with cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes. The cooperative component allows two players to each pick two of the four elements in tandem, to fight off an unlimited amount of Babylonians. Competitive multiplayer tasks each player with fighting off Babylonians either for a set amount of time, or unlimited play. Players can send more enemies to the other player with large combos.
The game's campaign features 15 levels sprawled across three different maps.
Gameplay in Babel Rising for mobile devices comprises of gestures and touch-based interactions. The gameplay is similar on consoles instead using buttons on a controller to use powers. As God you must prevent Babylonians from building their tower too high and reaching Heaven. The player can activate several different types of interactions and disasters to prevent Babylonians from building their tower.
- Lightning Bolts are activated by dragging the player's finger from the top of the screen, Heaven, to the desired destination.
- Floods are activated by pinching and expanding one's fingers on the screen. The resulting wave flows across the screen and wipes away some if not all the Babylonians on screen.
- Meteorites can be called down in a focused manner by performing a two finger swipe from the top of the screen.
- Wind can also be used to blow Babylonians off the tower with a quick swipe from the side of the screen.
- Babylonians can also be destroyed individually with a simple touch of each one as they scurry across the screen.
PC System Requirements
- OS: Windows® XP (SP3), Windows® Vista (SP2), Windows® 7 (SP1)
- Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel® Pentium® D 945 or AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2 3800+ 2.0Ghz or faster
- RAM: 1 GB Windows XP / 1.5 GB Windows® Vista, Windows® 7
- Video Card : 128 MB DirectX® 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)
- Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0 compatible
- Hard Drive Space: 500 MB or more
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- ATI Radeon HD 2600XT / 3000 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series
- Nvidia GeForce 7600GS / 8 / 9 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 500 / 600 series