Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Nuts & Bolts takes the platformer series in a wild new direction, as Banjo and Kazooie return to battle Gruntilda using unique, player-customized vehicles.

Got my Banjo from Amazon

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

I couldn't pass up the $25 offer for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts on Amazon, so I finally got my copy in two days ago.

The fact that this game is $40 regularly surprises the hell out of me!!!  However, having only paid $25...I SERIOUSLY feel like I underpaid for it.  This game is BRIMMING with content.  Sure, it's all a collect-a-thon, but that's what Banjo does well:  you collect shit.

If you HAVEN'T played this yet, there is no reason for you not to...other than if you completely hate vehicles...or bears...or Klungo.

Gonna beat the game either Sunday or Monday as the next two days are packed with shit to do...but once I get that sweet Klungo Savesss Teh World gamerpic, it's on like Donkey Kong!!!
    Kersal_Massive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kersal_Massive

the games worth full 60$

one of the most enjoyable games this year that will sadly get overlooked by many
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Willy105

I do want this rare masterpiece.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

Nice, its good to hear somebody took on that crazy deal. N&B for 25$ is a complete fucking steal.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jakob187

I've got 60 jiggies right now, and I'm about 12-15 hours into the game so far.  Then again, I've also spent a LOT of time making vehicles...because that thing is just as addictive as the Gummy Ships thing from Kingdom Hearts (which I played that part of the game more than the actual KH  lol).  I've also been doing some of that good ol' exploring, and of course...achievement whoring.

I think I'm gonna throw an awesome achievement guide together for this one.  I'll just have to start playing the game on a different Xbox so people can see the sweet "achievement unlocked" thing.

I'm so addicted to the sound that's made when you unlock one...it's like crack!
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

I love the humor present in the game, in some cases rare make fun of theirself for their old games, being so heavy on collecting things, and another case is making fun of the Frag Dolls which is pretty hilarious.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Coltonio7

Meh, about a $40 to me. Got about half-way through and just couldn't do it anymore. But...I did find the platforming parts in Showdown Town the most fun. Does that make me an old Banjo fanboy?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187
    pause422 said:
    "I love the humor present in the game, in some cases rare make fun of theirself for their old games, being so heavy on collecting things, and another case is making fun of the Frag Dolls which is pretty hilarious."
    Dood, the millions of times they rag on Grabbed by the Ghoulies!!!  There's the one mission where you have to put the trash in the trash can, and there are copies of Grabbed by the Ghoulies.....PRICELESS!
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
    Coltonio7 said:
    "Meh, about a $40 to me. Got about half-way through and just couldn't do it anymore. But...I did find the platforming parts in Showdown Town the most fun. Does that make me an old Banjo fanboy?"
    Really? I'd say the game is EASILY worth 60.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jayge_

I've gotten at least 22 hours out of it so far. I'm amazed.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187
    Coltonio7 said:
    "Meh, about a $40 to me. Got about half-way through and just couldn't do it anymore. But...I did find the platforming parts in Showdown Town the most fun. Does that make me an old Banjo fanboy?"
    Loading screen tip:
    "Have you been playing but still don't like the vehicle-based gameplay?  Maybe you should buy Banjo-Kazooie from Xbox Live Arcade".  lol

I can easily see how some people will be turned off by this game.  I've had a handful of people that were watching me play it say "wait, so you aren't jumping around...you have to use those vehicles?".  I dig vehicle-based stuff, though.  I do wish there was a tad bit more of traditional platforming in there, but the stuff around Showdown Town is plenty to tide me over.

Anyone know if the online community is fruitful at all?
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Coltonio7
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "Coltonio7 said:
    Really? I'd say the game is EASILY worth 60."
    Well it's got a LOT of stuff which totally impresses me for a $40 game, but I found a lot of the things I was doing to just be trial and error. I get enough of that at school.

(( Though I do like making things in LBP! ))
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Snail

I was disappointed by the game. Not that it is bad but I wanted a Banjo game... platforming much?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jakob187
    Snail said:
    "I was disappointed by the game. Not that it is bad but I wanted a Banjo game... platforming much?"
    Don't - rate this guy.  He brings up a great point, and he didn't fucking rip on the game or anything.  It just wasn't what he was hoping for in the game, thereby granting him the right to have an issue with the game.

This is actually a good thing to bring up, because even one of the loading tips SAYS that if you don't the gameplay, you should buy the XBLA copy of Banjo-Kazooie instead.  Here's the thing:  should a game have to SUGGEST an alternative for you?  I mean, there could've easily been some more straight-up platforming stuff in this game to give an even bigger experience.  We're talking about a game that is $40 BRAND NEW!!!  For that other $20, I think they could've EASILY worked some traditional platforming into the title and really made it a killer app beyond all belief.

What do you guys think?  Would you have paid an extra $20 for some traditional platforming stuff mixed in with this?
    Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Bass

I believe there is a fair mix of platforming. It's just all in Showdown Town. Im managing to enjoy both parts of the game immensely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.