Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

How did yours end? Thoughts? (Spoilers)

• 57 results
    Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I did restoration first, evacuation in NG+.(Seems like the 'right' path since Rucks will sorta acknowledge that the Calamity happened again in NG+) I saved Zulf in both, it's hard for me to be a dick in video games.

SPeedy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By SPeedy26

I decided to save Zulf, after all that happened to him I couldn't blame him for his actions and believe that Song was the greatest way to reward the merciable choice. How bad ass do you think it was when the Ura stood out of the Kid's way out of a sign of respect I thought it was a bug for a second. That was wiped out of my mind when the commander attacked that soldier that kept attacking. Then I decided to run the evacuation protocol because it seemed like it represented "We've got to move on" or "we can't wallow in our guilt".... well ether that or the face I imagined Zia made when she suggested the restore option. all in all an Epic way to end an epic game.I'm happy to say this game would be considered my Baldur's gate and Planes scape: Torment (both games before my time and game I plan to play to death one day).

Doogie2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Doogie2K

So a quick question about the ending. If you choose to Evacuate and then go NG+...how does that even work? I mean, does he just say the same stuff and act like nothing ever happened? Or is it remarked upon that this really shouldn't be happening again? I played through each ending (I replayed the last level), and have been having trouble deciding which one I want to carry into NG+.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Dany

@Doogie2K said:

So a quick question about the ending. If you choose to Evacuate and then go NG+...how does that even work? I mean, does he just say the same stuff and act like nothing ever happened? Or is it remarked upon that this really shouldn't be happening again? I played through each ending (I replayed the last level), and have been having trouble deciding which one I want to carry into NG+.

Only a small amount of dialogue changes, but playing NG+ is the same no matter which ending you chose.

dr_cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry for the necro, but just wanted to sympathize w/ a few others - I too cried when saving Zulf.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SexyToad

sorry for the necro, but just wanted to sympathize w/ a few others - I too cried when saving Zulf.

All good! You are adding discussion.

I really liked that ending, I didn't get emotional, I was just sort of in awed. How they started attacking you while carring you out, but then just decided to stop. Such a, I guess, strong story point.

dr_cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexytoad said:

@dr_cheesesteak said:

All good! You are adding discussion.

I really liked that ending, I didn't get emotional, I was just sort of in awed. How they started attacking you while carring you out, but then just decided to stop. Such a, I guess, strong story point.

Yeah, it was just such a profound aspect of the story. I have this high admiration and respect for forgiveness, as well as when enemies show respect for each other. It was just very touching to me - the forgiveness you show as a player and how that spreads to the Ura and they essentially forgive Zulf (by allowing him to be saved) and show a great respect for your decision to save him. Add that w/ the music and it was just so beautifully presented.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.