Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

How long is this game?

tahnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tahnit

I have the game and loving it so far but I am curious as to how long it is.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

You can complete it in 3-5 hours, pretty much.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By iDarktread
    @Tahnit: Yeah, probably somewhere around 3-5 hours. I felt like it was almost worth the $15 price tag, anyway.
    Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Nate

Ha. I'm a pretty slow gamer,  I think but I've easily put in 5 hours so far and I don't feel anywhere near the end yet. I think I've onlly got about 6-7 weapons so far. I spend a lot of time in those dang challenge rooms!  

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By louiedog

I feel like you'd really have to rush to complete it in 3 hours, at least on  your first time through. I'm at 4 hours and based on what I've played and what I think that I have left to do I'd guess that I have another 2 to go. I have played through a lot of the challenge areas once or twice, so that does factor in, but most of them only take a minute or two. There's no way you're going to see and do everything this game has in 3-5 hours.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Bass

It depends. If you are just making a b-line to the end I think you can smash through it pretty quickly in the 3-5 hours that were mentioned above. I spent a good amount of time making sure I didn't miss anything, and a good amount of time in the weapon challenge areas, plus the who knows where areas. I think I completed the game in somewhere between 8 and 10 hours. I've hopped back into a New Game + so that I can finish out the achievements and such. I imagine I will probably get about 15 hours out of the game in the end, well worth the price in my opinion.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sogeman

I think it took me like 7 hours with full Vigils and some Challenge Room---ing. In the NG+ I'm just blowing through though. If you have your weapons on full you can probably blow through in 3 hours. Take your time on the first playthough.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Yeah, 3-5 hours just for the story, and that's not counting New Game Plus, or any of the challenge rooms, or the Vigils that you can complete to get an achievement for it. The game's definitely worth the price.

InertiaticESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By InertiaticESP

Huh, $15? I paid 800 microsoft points for it...

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Sooperspy

I still haven't finished it, and on my Raptr.com account, it says I've played it for 8 hours. I'm at the end, too.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By golguin

3-5 hours could only be done on low idols and ignoring the proving grounds and who knows where. I got 100% on my first run and it probably took me around 10 hours. Since then I've probably logged another 6 more on my new game+ and doing all the who knows where with all idols.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rjayb89

When the narrator is saying I'm at the last power core is that really the last power core? I didn't do any of the proving grounds levels but did one Who Knows Where. I think it took me like two hours to get there, too.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By Sooperspy
    @rjayb89 said:

When the narrator is saying I'm at the last power core is that really the last power core? I didn't do any of the proving grounds levels but did one Who Knows Where. I think it took me like two hours to get there, too.

No. Not by a long shot.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By BBQBram

3-5 hours? That's encouraging, maybe I'll finish it later tonight. Love the NG+ too, don't have to worry about missing stuff the first run.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By spankingaddict

In 2 playthroughs , it took me around 12 hours. I think it's worth the 1200 Micro$oft points...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.