Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Batman Arkham Asylum PC Version Delayed

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

Due to PhysX integration the PC version will now be coming out on September 15th.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

"Due to PhysX integration" = "we couldn't coax any of the PC reviewers into giving the game a high review score before it was released"

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CL60
    @jakob187 said:
    " "Due to PhysX integration" = "we couldn't coax any of the PC reviewers into giving the game a high review score before it was released" "
    I doubt it.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pazy

As usual the PC version gets the shaft, ah well I wasent planning on getting it anyway. And I wonder how many people actually are able to use PhysX? And does it actually have an effect on the game or is it purely cosmetic? If its cosmetic I wish they would just patch it later.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero

So it's like Mirror's Edge?

I wonder how this will effect the game..will it just be his cape? I remember the PC version really only using it for fabric rips and window smashes.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By crusader8463

It stinks of a bs excuse to have the console versions out for a few weeks first. I swear these companies sabotage the PC version before it even hits. Then they have the fucking balls to blame piracy for bad sales. When they should be blaming stupidity. Not to mention they don't even let the PC version have access to the collectors edition.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60
    @crusader8463 said:
    " It stinks of a bs excuse to have the console versions out for a few weeks first. I swear these companies sabotage the PC version before it even hits. Then they have the fucking balls to blame piracy for bad sales. When they should be blaming stupidity. Not to mention they don't even let the PC version have access to the collectors edition. "
    Really? you can't get collectors editions of PC games?
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By crusader8463
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

If you were planning on getting it on the PC that's fine..just I doubt 99% of anyone that cares to try the game was planning on getting the PC version. It's just not the type of game that someone should care to play on the PC at all to me.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pazy
    @CL60 said:
    " @crusader8463 said:
    " It stinks of a bs excuse to have the console versions out for a few weeks first. I swear these companies sabotage the PC version before it even hits. Then they have the fucking balls to blame piracy for bad sales. When they should be blaming stupidity. Not to mention they don't even let the PC version have access to the collectors edition. "
    Really? you can't get collectors editions of PC games? "

PC games do have collectors editions but a lot of recent games dont. Which is to me is a wierd thing that even ignoring the PC gaming's long history of extra's like cloth maps and such dosent it make sense to everyone else that if they included genuinely interesting physical objects (instead of a code for more DLC or a soundtrack CD since they can be pirated) then they they might sell more copies? For example if you pirate and get just the game but the collectors edition (or maybe all editions) came with a map/poster of a map or maybe something small like a cheap ring with some sort of insignia of the game (like the crest of your faction in an RPG) then people might be more inclined.

If you piss of PC gamers like this they will just pirate your game which might have long term effects (like no/less games from that publisher) but it will happen. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CL60

It's most likely not the reason they say, it's most likely because of pirating.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Diamond

They're worried about PC piracy hurting console version sales, and there might be something to it, although most pirates wouldn't mind waiting a month or two.

@Pazy said:

" As usual the PC version gets the shaft, ah well I wasent planning on getting it anyway. And I wonder how many people actually are able to use PhysX? And does it actually have an effect on the game or is it purely cosmetic? If its cosmetic I wish they would just patch it later. "
    Based on the demo it's cosmetic and requires at least a GTX260 to run at all.  What I personally noticed was pieces of paper on the ground that move around (they also curve a bit, they're not just 2D planes like GTA3 on PS2), and particle smoke.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.