Why is this game still 30 bucks

#1 Posted by gerp (191 posts) -

This game came out over 2 years ago and it still cost thirty dollars on Amazon. Why is that.

#2 Posted by allworkandlowpay (873 posts) -

The same reason why you are searching for it on Amazon.

#3 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

I got it for $7 at Gamestop pre owned. Try there.

#4 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

@benpicko: Some people have more pride than that XD

#5 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart

@benpicko: Some people have more pride than that XD

I don't like it either, mostly because the idiots who work there don't know anything about the games they're selling, but I thought I'd just tell him that buying pre-owned is an option for people who don't have some weird thing against buying used.
#6 Posted by RedRoach (1212 posts) -

They'll keep it at the price that people are willing to buy it. When sales slow down and stop is when they'll lower the price, but if people are still buying it at the price, theres not much of a reason to lower the price.

#7 Posted by awe_stuck (797 posts) -

@Jason_Bourne said:

They'll keep it at the price that people are willing to buy it. When sales slow down and stop is when they'll lower the price, but if people are still buying it at the price, theres not much of a reason to lower the price.

The term is 'price gouging'. Basically they are giving their consumers the big middle finger cus no one bought the game.

#8 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

I got it free with Arkham City at Wal-Mart.

#9 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I got the GOTY edition for $20 new at Best Buy a couple weeks ago.

#10 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

@awe_stuck said:

@Jason_Bourne said:

The term is 'price gouging'. Basically they are giving their consumers the big middle finger cus no one bought the game.

But... Arkham Asylum did sell.

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

warner

#12 Posted by Zelyre (1275 posts) -

Its come up for under $10 on Steam a couple of times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.