Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Arkham City's Game Director Outlines Content.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By Jambones

Hot on the heels of our first real glimpse of Arkham City ’s gameplay, Rocksteady Studios ’ Game Director,Sefton Hill, was quick to work the crowd hungry for details about the sequel to 2009's critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum.

No juicy morsels about the plot were given away, but according to the announcement, made on the 17th via the brand new Arkham City community portal and community page (http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com) gamers can look forward to around 12-15 hours of play from the story alone.

Another 12-15 will be spent on various side tasks and challenges that run alongside the main narrative, dubbed Arkham City Missions.  

Hill promised that the new missions, which can be tackled at any point in the game upon finding them, will flesh out the world and its inhabitants:

“Some of my favourite moments are in these missions, including tracking down a deranged serial killer, solving a murder mystery, forming an alliance with a one-time villain and confronting the Riddler as he attempts to prove once and for all he is better than Batman.”

Fans of the Riddler’s treasure hunting challenges from the first game will be pleased to know that even though Mr. Nigma finally makes an appearance to square off with Batman, he will still have left his mark on the city, leaving a trail of puzzles and trophies to uncover.

Rounding out his message with promises of a revamped Challenge mode, Hill leaves just enough shrouded in mystery to keep fans on the edge of their seats in anticipation of the game’s North American release on October 18th (19th Australia, 21st Europe).     

[Original Announcement
    Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jambones

Hot on the heels of our first real glimpse of Arkham City ’s gameplay, Rocksteady Studios ’ Game Director,Sefton Hill, was quick to work the crowd hungry for details about the sequel to 2009's critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum.

No juicy morsels about the plot were given away, but according to the announcement, made on the 17th via the brand new Arkham City community portal and community page (http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com) gamers can look forward to around 12-15 hours of play from the story alone.

Another 12-15 will be spent on various side tasks and challenges that run alongside the main narrative, dubbed Arkham City Missions.  

Hill promised that the new missions, which can be tackled at any point in the game upon finding them, will flesh out the world and its inhabitants:

“Some of my favourite moments are in these missions, including tracking down a deranged serial killer, solving a murder mystery, forming an alliance with a one-time villain and confronting the Riddler as he attempts to prove once and for all he is better than Batman.”

Fans of the Riddler’s treasure hunting challenges from the first game will be pleased to know that even though Mr. Nigma finally makes an appearance to square off with Batman, he will still have left his mark on the city, leaving a trail of puzzles and trophies to uncover.

Rounding out his message with promises of a revamped Challenge mode, Hill leaves just enough shrouded in mystery to keep fans on the edge of their seats in anticipation of the game’s North American release on October 18th (19th Australia, 21st Europe).     

[Original Announcement
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Hey, this is cool. You should've probably posted a link to the actual source though. Just because that site maybe isn't the most clear. Or maybe I'm just dumb. Oh well, I figured out where to find it eventually.  =P

Somehow I missed that trailer before. Man, the game looks amazing. Simply taking the game from mostly controlled indoor environments to the free outdoors seems like a big change. I'd bet it was a tough task for the designers.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Really looking forward to this, I didn't ''adore'' Arkham Asylum, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely ready for some more Batman.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By sameeeeam
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " =P Somehow I missed that trailer before. Man, the game looks amazing. Simply taking the game from mostly controlled indoor environments to the free outdoors seems like a big change. I'd bet it was a tough task for the designers. "
    I've watched that trailer at least 5 times now. It's really well done.
    Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jambones
    @JJWeatherman: You know that feeling when you know  you forgot something. lol. Cheers! 

Oh, and I think that trailer is from the 16th and was an exclusive on IGN for a bit. Then it had sound issues and had to be re-upped. So it's fairly fresh as far as I know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.