Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Disc doesn't work.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I'm bringing this up now, but really, it's been a while since this has happened. I bought the game a few months after its release and there were at times when the game would start, and then stop on the main menu to say the disc is dirty and not working or what have you, so that was weird, but it still worked well enough to get through the game three times. I was pretty disappointed in the game, so that's probably why I haven't been urgent on trying to figure out how to get it to work, but the last three times I tried to get it to work, the game installs, but then when you try to play it, the screen simply goes black and never loads.

The disc was new from release, and to this day, doesn't have any scratches on it, so what are my options on fixing it on my own, or is it just a faulty disc? I've already tried cleaning it. I was thinking the best idea would to bring it in and have them fix it by taking a layer off, or whatever they do to it, but I'm not really willing to do that since I just don't care that much about this game, though I care enough to see if there are any other ways. Does that leave me with no option? That's why I ask, just in case.

Oh, and this is Xbox 360.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Honestly, you might've just got stuck with a bunk disc. Now if your having the same problem with multiple games it might just be the system.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Should be a cheap game by this point if you need a replacement.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: No, I don't want to rebuy it. I didn't like it enough. It's a game that I try to play more of than I probably need to, to try and like it more actually... I loved Asylum. Plus, Arkham Knight is coming and I like to play the previous game before it comes out.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I agree. Arkham City made some cool improvements to the gameplay, but I like Asylum way more. The world is cooler, and the story is way better.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@narujoe93: Yep, exactly. The attention to detail in the atmosphere was far greater to me (which was the main problem to me), and story was more interesting, as well as better dialogue. I say better dialogue, and while true, I still thought most voice acting was on par, though I couldn't get into Nolan North's Penguin. When I knew he voiced Penguin, I just couldn't get out of my head Nolan North's voice, so it really tarnished it for me because it just sounded like him doing a goofy accent, while the same can't be said for his job on other things, like David in The Last of Us.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@ntm said:

@believer258: No, I don't want to rebuy it. I didn't like it enough. It's a game that I try to play more of than I probably need to, to try and like it more actually... I loved Asylum. Plus, Arkham Knight is coming and I like to play the previous game before it comes out.

To be honest, I have a hard time being interested in City too. I borrowed Asylum from my brother on a whim and beat it in a single weekend, unexpectedly. I bought City on my computer and it's just not as engaging or interesting as Asylum was, the whole open world thing just kills all the pacing and momentum Asylum had.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

a soft buffing wheel and diamond polishing compound works well for scratches, but since you have no scratches, not sure whats up.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Corevi

I actually liked this game better than Asylum, which I recently went back it's super clunky. There is a ton of stuff that City added that just makes the game better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.