Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

So wait, what? Batman games are in the 20th Century? (spoilers)

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I first noticed this little tidbit when I solved the riddle in the Bowery--the one about "was the writing on the wall from the moment you entered?" It turns out, the plaque you examine says something about Mayor Sharp opening the facility on November 19th, 1---. The last three numbers have been chipped away. I was wondering if anyone had a theory as to when these games actually happen. Considering that Arkham Asylum and now Arkham City seem to follow the vein of the original Animated Series as opposed to comic book continuity, do you think this was just a neat little nod to the games' roots by Paul Dini and the developers, or is there something larger at play?

Image courtesy of GamesRadar. Their Riddler guide is pretty damn sweet.
    Image courtesy of GamesRadar. Their Riddler guide is pretty damn sweet.

I'm not sure what to make of it. Considering the incredible amount of foreshadowing and easter eggs in both games (stuff like Quincy's office having plans to make Arkham City, Hush being in the medical center when you save the medical team from Harley's thugs, Black Mask being in the very beginning of the game, the broadcast numbers which are encoded with ominous phrases aimed at Batman, Scarecrow's lair near the North Gotham Docks, etc), I can't help but feel this could lead to something important. Especially with Harley's pregnancy, and her disturbing lullaby over the credits of Arkham City. I'm scratching my head wondering if this was intentional, an oversight, or a cool little nod. You can't seem to ever tell with Rocksteady.

So what do you all think? I imagine the considerable Brain Trust of Giant Bomb could figure this out. It's not like Rocksteady has never left clues for us to follow.

codynewill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By codynewill

I don't know where you are getting the last two things you said about Harley. Joker definitely sings that song during the credits.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ItBeStefYo

Where was it said Harley is pregnant?! That seems like it could result in something fucked up

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Bestostero

@ItBeStefYo said:

Where was it said Harley is pregnant?! That seems like it could result in something fucked up

Well technically, all that is found is a positive pregnancy test, it is alluded to be Harley's, but not confirmed. It's one of the many easter eggs in this game.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@codynewill said:

I don't know where you are getting the last two things you said about Harley. Joker definitely sings that song during the credits.

NG+ son.

codynewill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6  Edited By codynewill

Ah. I haven't New Game +'d yet.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By N7

Hush isn't in the Church. It's one of his victims.

That's about all I got here.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By LordXavierBritish

The baby is Spider Man.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By briangodsoe

@LordXavierBritish said:

The baby is Spider Man.

No, he was the demons.

And then baby was a zombie.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By NinjaHunter

@N7 said:

Hush isn't in the Church. It's one of his victims. That's about all I got here.

It's Hush. If you talk to the guy sitting next to him he tells you that the guy is a surgeon that cut his own face or something like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.