What happens when you complete all the riddles? (Spoilers)

#1 Posted by Lukeweizer (2654 posts) -

By "riddles" I mean get 440/440 completed. I just just finished my last physical challenge, but nothing's happened. Is something cool supposed to happen? Or was the hostage stuff supposed to be the cool thing?

#2 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (649 posts) -

No. Sadly, nothing. Once I got my 400 riddles down I went after The Riddler. For a game that has a TON of unlocks I expecting something amazing after getting the 440 down. But, all I got was the Sphinx Riddle Trophy.

#3 Posted by Crabs_on_the_beach (42 posts) -

Wow, so nothing happens? AA had that 20 second sound byte of him getting arrested I would have thought you'd at least get something along those lines. I'm glad I didn't go for it then all the frustration on those time switches pissed me off.

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

when you get 400 something happens and that is all of Batmans. Catwomen's count towards that quest as well. Weird how it works.

#5 Posted by themangalist (1731 posts) -

I still remember doing challenges and unlocking cool extra Spiderman outfits, some with gameplay benefits too.

...Now I do challenges and get a two-word tagline called an achievement/trophy. I also have to pay for the cool extra outfits. :(

#6 Posted by Lukeweizer (2654 posts) -

@Stealthmaster86 said:

No. Sadly, nothing. Once I got my 400 riddles down I went after The Riddler. For a game that has a TON of unlocks I expecting something amazing after getting the 440 down. But, all I got was the Sphinx Riddle Trophy.

I think the big finish is at 400 because the extra 40 is Catwoman's. Really lame that didn't go the extra mile for the 100% (and thus, bought the game new or paid the $10 for Catwoman).

#7 Posted by CJduke (788 posts) -

Well I have not completed everything, but don't you need to get all 400 trophies, plus complete all the riddles, do all the combat challenges, find all the destructible items to completely finish it? Or am I mistaken in thinking that there are 400 hidden trophies and the rest is even more content? Or is it all that stuff combined equals 400?

#8 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

I think getting a trophy/achievement is pretty hot :)

#9 Posted by Slaker117 (4838 posts) -
@CJduke: All the Batman trophies and challenges combined add up to 400. There are 40 for Catwoman. Completing any 400 will unlock the final Riddler mission. Collecting all Catwoman's results in an achievement. Collecting all of Batman's grants nothing special.
#10 Posted by fetchfox (1260 posts) -

I knew that 400 would unlock the last, so I just saved it until I had everything collected, thus feeling more rewarded. Done and done!

#11 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5228 posts) -

@__Ab4iFuRu18__ said:

Wow, so nothing happens? AA had that 20 second sound byte of him getting arrested I would have thought you'd at least get something along those lines. I'm glad I didn't go for it then all the frustration on those time switches pissed me off.

When you complete 400 riddler challenges you get to defeat the Riddler in person. 400 is the upper limit of Riddler challenges in the base game. When you put the Catwoman stuff in the game the challenges increase to 440 but you still only need 400 to get to the Riddler.

#12 Edited by FoxMulder (1679 posts) -

Just got all 440 yesterday and honestly I got sick of all the trophies. It would have been better if there were maybe about half the number of trophies there are. I think Rocksteady heard all of the positive feedback people said about the Riddler stuff in the first game, then took it a bit too far in this one. I only really finished them all because how much I like the game and the feel of the gameplay. But even when you get to the Riddler it isn't that great or challenging. All you do is avoid setting off bombs strapped to the rest of the captured guards/doctors by sneaking behind them until you get to Riddler.

If they plan on doing a third game I hope the emphasis is put on the riddles instead of the trophies! Or maybe just doing away with the Riddler and make him a seperate level full of riddles, like the hedge maze episode from the Animated Series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.