Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 03, 2017

Classic turn-based RPG combat meets action packed dungeons and stylish storytelling. Use skills and strategy to survive a lush, brutal landscape.

Quick Look?

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By darkjohnny47

I would love to see the GB crew's thoughts on this game. It's pretty good.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm also curious. I forgot it was coming out in the deluge of good games, but it seems cool. Only outright negative thing I've heard so far is that the PS4 version keeps crashing every other hour for a friend of mine.

kamikawa4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So glad it got pushed back on Switch. I've still gotta finish Golf Story, Steam World Dig 2, and Mario/Rabbids before Odyssey hit in a couple weeks. Man, 2017.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

It is really good in general and im digging the artstyle especially, gives me that stylised Darksiders vibe. That said it has a serious pacing problem when it comes to battles atm. While the animations are really well done the glacial speed of the combat especially versus trash mobs that pose no challange starts to grate on you really quickly.

Apparently the devs are aware of this feedback and are working on a solution in a future patch.

Seriosly you'd think that a combat speed option in a game with turn based combat should be a no brainer industry standard by now. Heck even Heroes of Might and Magic games had them in the 90s.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: Part of what made Bravery Defaut pretty fucking rad for me (also playing one handed :lennyface: )

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When will it be out on Switch? Looking for this and Darkest Dungeon. I would think (hope) DD would be out a week or two before Halloween. Would be a good Halloween game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.