Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 21, 2016

The long-running Battlefield series goes even further back in time in the 15th installment, this time to the first World War.

EA is doing a BF1 multiplayer livestream made up of youtubers... and Wiz Khalifa

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

One of these things is not like the others.
    One of these things is not like the others.

And Major Nelson of Xbox fame too.

Just when I was getting used to Youtubers being all over all games reveals in a way that's starting to resemble native advertising something like this happens and makes it so stupid that I'm on board again. I didn't know Wiz was a gamer but sure, lets see it. I wonder if they're going to be micced up because between chatty streamers and him it'd be pretty special. Either in an awkward or amazing way. I tell you what as far as EA gets it sure beats Pelé.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Let's get it poppin

I said let's get it poppin

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy, as if my expectations for this game couldn't get any lower. Well, at least LevelCap is there.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hayt

@technician: I didn't get that reference so I had to google and boy has that guy's style changed since 2008 haha

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

That's pretty neat, I can't imagine they would be mic'd up (maybe Wiz though?) because their sole job in life is to get people's attention, it would be nonstop screaming and making noises.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@grilledcheez: I could see them being mic'd up but the mics not being live - so that when they go to make a supercut of it they can grab the audio of the players when they want it. Otherwise yes it'd be a total shit show of screaming and noise.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

@jesus_phish: True true, that would be the only logical route with that group

PlasmaDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By PlasmaDuck

Was it Wiz that played Daigo in Street Fighter? Or was that some other noname rapper?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@plasmaduck: umm, Lupe Fiasco is definitely not a no-name rapper. He's actually a respectable lyricist.

PlasmaDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PlasmaDuck

@flashflood_29: I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or just fucking with me.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Technician
    @hayt said:

@technician: I didn't get that reference so I had to google and boy has that guy's style changed since 2008 haha

You might be interested in hearing what he sounded like in 2006. Makes you wonder what could have happened with his career.

I'm not a Wiz Khalifa fan, but he occasionally makes songs that I can enjoy. Here's a not-so-guilty pleasure of mine.

Also on the Lupe Fiasco topic, I'm not sure who is being sarcastic or not, but I do agree with @flashflood_29's statement. Lupe Fiasco is not a no-name rapper, and "respectable" isn't a bad adjective to describe his lyricism. He's not going to blow you away with bars but he's not terrible. He fell off pretty hard after The Cool (Lasers and F&L 2 were pretty rough) but his last album Tetsuo & Youth got a lot of acclaim from both mainstream fans and hip-hop fans, so it seems like he's turning his career around.

As for the actual topic of this thread, I'm probably not going to watch the BF1 livestream but I'm hoping he's just high and laughing all the time during the proceedings.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By soulcake

Hey we want some Pelé. No really Pelé playing some Battlefield, i would watch that instead of these "influencers".

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Humanity

Surprised Seananners has the time to get away from doing a million HL2 mod videos in order to participate in this.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should bring in the Breaking Benjamin guy.

But they just lock him in a room with only Battlefront so we can watch him throw controllers and smash things like a giant baby.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@flashflood_29: I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or just fucking with me.

Lupe Fiasco is amazing.

PlasmaDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hayt

In a hilarious twist Lupe Fiasco will also be playing in this stream much to the joy/dismay of @artisanbreads / @plasmaduck

Also Kesha, The Game and Boogie from the NBA and Marshawn Lynch from the NFL. This sounds like my kind of corporate insanity

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The only one of those Youtubers I even recognise is Seananners and I don't even like his video game videos (only his introspective/thoughtful ones).

I also don't know who Wiz Khalifa is, but it is pretty crazy seeing Kesha and Major Nelson in this on the same team. Seriously though, what is Kesha doing there? I thought they were doing their best to keep her out of the limelight while forcing her into producing more music that she doesn't want to make. What a really weird thing this is.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wiz Khalifa! Going to get lit! By antiquated rifle fire!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

This is so EA.

Now I don't know who Wiz Khalifa is, but some on there I've heard of. Still, it's sort of odd to see this for a World War 1 set game. Maybe that's just me.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ThePanzini
    ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@hayt: Marshawn Lynch is so good on Conan's Clueless Gamer stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.