Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 2

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 21, 2005

DICE's large-scale multiplayer shooter moves to the present day in this acclaimed sequel, whose online community has remained active for nearly a decade.

Project Reality

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By cjmabry

I found out about this mod today, and it seems it has a very large fanbase and a new major update was released today. And from watching some videos, it looks really amazing. I would suggest anyone who hasn't heard of it to go check it out. 

I've always been a fan of realistic shooters, and LOVED the Insurgency Source Mod, but this looks even more terrific. Anyone here play this? I think I'm going to buy Battlefield 2 just for this. Hopefully I'll find some GB users who play, or will play after watching these sweet videos :P

A great video demonstrating the teamwork: 

Adjustable sights: 

Mortars: 

And I'll let you look up some more videos if you're interested. Looks awesome!  
    EgoCheck616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By EgoCheck616

The voice acting in the first video is a total joke. Part of me wants to download this just so I can make spoof videos out of it. Which I probably will.
    However as a big fan of modding I'll definitely keep keep my eyes on the updates. It looks promising. 

Oh, and you just reminded me that I need to put Insurgency on my laptop. Love that game.

Dedodido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dedodido

I've been playing PR for nearly a year now, and it's great fun. Definately worth checking out.

@EgoCheck616: That wasn't voice acting. It was just people playing the game.

EgoCheck616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By EgoCheck616
    @Dedodido: Really? Damn. I was hoping for some good footage from those voices. 
    Oh well. Still going to check it out.  

Mods are a lot like F2P MMOs. All you're really losing is a few gigs on the download. So it's worth giving them a shot.
    Dedodido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dedodido
    @EgoCheck616: 
    To be honest PR could be a stand alone game in its own right. There's nothing out there like it, mod or retail. I think they're planning on making their own game, but it's a pretty small studio so it'll be some time until they get round to it I imagine.
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Agent47

Awesome post.I almost forgot about Project Reality.Though it would be cool to see them break out of the modding community and make a full retail game some day.Kind of like Red Orchestra.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By gamb1t

played it before its really good. BIG MAPS!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.