Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Conan, what is best in Battlefield 3?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

This is your 'Conan, what is best in life?' moment. Tell me - what is best in Battlefield 3?

Mine is hunting down camping snipers with the AH-6 Littlebird or the Z-11 in the hillside next to capture point Bravo on Kharg Island Conquest 64. Gatling guns screeching. Hot lead tearing them all apart. I can literally hear them curse to the heavens. I LOVE IT! Here's a topical video of some noob wasting an excellent opportunity for ownage. Enjoy!

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

You see if it was me I would just crash that fucking helicopter right into the nearest red thing.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BawlZINmotion

I love your ejection!

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mosdl
    No Caption Provided

Thought I could take a shortcut, had the apc get stuck in this canal. Then a jeep driving in the canal hits my tank, I take out the 2 guys in it. Perfectly planned of course.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McGhee

Does this game have remote detonated bombs like in 1943 (the only Battlefield game I've played)?

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kermoosh

can't wait to get my "battlefield moments" on

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sogeman

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Does this game have remote detonated bombs like in 1943 (the only Battlefield game I've played)?

Remote detonated bombs? C4?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By McGhee

@Sogeman said:

Yes? I guess? Any kind of explosive device that one would throw on the ground, run away, then detonate from a distance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@Sogeman said:

Yes? I guess? Any kind of explosive device that one would throw on the ground, run away, then detonate from a distance.

Yup.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vodun

@Sogeman said:

Are...are you a terrorist?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By 137

THIS

No Caption Provided

+ THIS

=

No Caption Provided
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Bollard

Driving the tank out at the start of Caspian Border, heading straight to A, killing 3 jeeps (each with 2 people in) and one tank on the way before being rudely disconnected while repairing up.

That or riding on the gunner seat with a random squadmate for an entire game of Conquest, hopping in and out to repair and getting ~5500 points :D

Tanks are where it's at bro.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't know what this thread is about but the video title reminded me of this.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Vodun said:

@Sogeman said:

Are...are you a terrorist?

Uh, have some respect for terrorists, they don't remotely detonate explosives, they detonate themselves. 

Kids these days >_>
    Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

The best thing about battlefield is the random shit that happens and knowing that it was an actual person that caused it. Wether is a jet crashing right in front of you, knifing a room full of dudes (my greatest moment to date) or taking out a full APC. Also if like me and not the best at FPS games you can still make a difference by reviving, supplying, repairing etc...

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By emergency

Crashing your jet / helicopter directly into someone as a final last gasp move.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

@mosdl said:

No Caption Provided

Thought I could take a shortcut, had the apc get stuck in this canal. Then a jeep driving in the canal hits my tank, I take out the 2 guys in it. Perfectly planned of course.

I got an entire main battle tank caught in there. No kills though :(

For my best moment so far, I have to defer you to the BF3 TNT, where I accidentally crashed my jet right in front of "the camera" and freaked everyone out.

igl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By igl

OP works for EA?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seppli

@igl said:

OP works for EA?

Funny. You are not the first accusing me of such. I have just realized at some time in the past that EA makes A LOT of games I love and usually their line-up is the most in-sync with my wants.

I hate nothing more than EA haters. Yeah - they pull A LOT of shady shit and can be quite offensive in their actions and statements, but at the end of the day - EA fronts the cash and talent for A LOT of games I want to play and despite all the shit that usually does surround these big releases, it's EA's games I want to play.

Between Activision, Ubisoft and EA - I live on a healthy mix of EA games and Blizzard's portion of Activision's line-up, which accounts for a majority of my yearly videogames consumption; and I'm not going to bash on what I love. Simple. Most EA haters are 'me too' airheads anyways.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Spoonman671

M249 + Bipod + Extended Mag + Extra Ammo Specialization = the lamentations of the suppressed.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mosdl

@Seppli said:

@igl said:

OP works for EA?

Funny. You are not the first accusing me of such. I have just realized at some time in the past that EA makes A LOT of games I love and usually their line-up is the most in-sync with my wants.

I hate nothing more than EA haters. Yeah - they pull A LOT of shady shit and can be quite offensive in their actions and statements, but at the end of the day - EA fronts the cash and talent for A LOT of games I want to play and despite all the shit that usually does surround these big releases, it's EA's games I want to play.

Between Activision, Ubisoft and EA - I live on a healthy mix of EA games and Blizzard's portion of Activision's line-up, which accounts for a majority of my yearly videogames consumption; and I'm not going to bash on what I love. Simple. Most EA haters are 'me too' airheads anyways.

He's german by his name, and I believe the Origin activation situation there is messed up.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Ben_H  Online

I haven't unlocked remote controlled explosives yet so I can't comment on how they are in this game. But in BF1942 you could load up the German "jeep" thing with explosives in the back seat and drive it into things and hop out at the last second and blow up tanks after you activated it. It was way harder than in BF2 because the dynamite didn't stick to surfaces so if you hit a jump you would lose all the explosives. It almost never worked but when it did it was badass.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Marz

got two marksman kills with 1 bullet with my m98.   ended up getting like 700 points for that one shot.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mosdl

Jump out of copter, see 2 enemy snipers, lob grenade while parachuting in air and get double kill.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By SSully

I had no idea they had little birds in this game, they are easily my favorite helicopter! I cannot wait to get this game and tear fools up with a littlebird!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.