Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Do you think a new game mode will headline BF3 MP?

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By FireBurger
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By FireBurger

Pretty simple question: Do you think DICE will introduce a new game mode that takes center-stage in BF3 multiplayer? 

The core PC franchise has always had Conquest as its mainstay, but with Bad Company they introduced and put a focus on Rush. It makes sense to me that they would now introduce a new game mode since they are talking so much about "evolving" the genre and saying that BF3 isn't just a modernized BF2. Personally, I'd like to see a multi-objective based game mode that emphasizes squad-play and perhaps squad-specific objectives, similar to what I understand MAG to be (haven't played it myself). 

So, yes or no? And if you say yes, what do you think/want it to be?    
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I don't think they'll roll out a new mode per say but more a hybrid of what they have. Rush proved to be a popular game mode and that can be combined with conquest. 
    It would create an objective based mode where you at one point must dominate three flags while in the other you must rush in and destroy the command center of the opposite faction and so on. 
    That becomes a thing where the focus on the Battlefield can shift all of the time since there's objectives that need to be fulfilled at various points of it. 

I still think Conquest will be the primary mode, though. People like the freedom they get from the battle taking place across the entire map instead of small focus points, rush style.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Yes i do, and i have no clue or idea what its going to be 
    i just know DICE are gonna present some new kickass hybrid of the modes we have today and deliver a thrilling competitive experience never experienced before <3 

good old Conquest, but with alot more to it, only not too different and alienating 

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Donos

I suspect no, simply because I think a lot of PC-enthusiast ragenauts would flip their shit.However, I bet there'll be a new mode that is better, which I will play a lot more than conquest.
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By canucks23

Hmmm, i never really thought of that. I'd hope so, cuz conquest and rush are amazing so i'd imagine whatever else they'd come up with would be just as good.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By noremnants

Something that would be neat to try out would be a hybrid rush/conquest mode where each team has a base with some sort of MCOM type object that needs to be destroyed. But in the middle of the map are also a number of flags to take. Both teams have tickets counting down and having the majority of the flags reduces the amount of tickets you lose just like in conquest. But there is also the option of ending it all by destroying the objective in the other teams base. This would create a neat dynamic where each team is both attacking and defending. I'm not sure how well it would work out but it would be cool if they gave it a try.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Jayross

If they bring back Titan mode I am fucking sold.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Jayross
    Agreed. That shit was awesome!
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Donos
    @Havox said:
    " Something that would be neat to try out would be a hybrid rush/conquest mode where each team has a base with some sort of MCOM type object that needs to be destroyed. But in the middle of the map are also a number of flags to take. Both teams have tickets counting down and having the majority of the flags reduces the amount of tickets you lose just like in conquest. But there is also the option of ending it all by destroying the objective in the other teams base. This would create a neat dynamic where each team is both attacking and defending. I'm not sure how well it would work out but it would be cool if they gave it a try. "
    Did you ever play Frontlines: Fuel of War? I think the main multiplayer mode was something like that, and it seemed pretty cool in the demo.
    Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sogeman

Hopefully not. Conquest is all I need. Maybe a real Team Deathmatch to change it up if you only want to shoot stuff (that squad thing sucked)

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Probably not. 
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @Jayross
    Agreed. That shit was awesome! "
    do you think thats possible ? 

@Sogeman said:
    "Maybe a real Team Deathmatch to change it up if you only want to shoot stuff  "
    dude, NO !!!!! 
    if battlefield gets plagued with that tiny-map running-around-shooting-each-other-with-no-aim-or-purpose disease, it wont fucking end.. 

please, no ! lets keep the multiplayer values and objectives Battlefield always had. this isnt pointless COD 
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Conquest mixed with Rush. No idea how it'll happen... but, who knows, those guys are crazy.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Sogeman
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @Jayross

@Sogeman said:
    "Maybe a real Team Deathmatch to change it up if you only want to shoot stuff  "
    dude, NO !!!!! if battlefield gets plagued with that tiny-map running-around-shooting-each-other-with-no-aim-or-purpose disease, it wont fucking end..  please, no ! lets keep the multiplayer values and objectives Battlefield always had. this isnt pointless COD  "
    Cry me a river. Staying at what made 1942 good doesn't get you new sold copies. It's like all the so called Hardcore fans want Battlefield to fail. -.-
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Sogeman:  did Bad Company 2 fail ? 
     no.. it didnt sell nearly as much as Call of Duty, but that doesnt equal failure. it sold 6 million copies if im not mistaken. 

keep in mind that many of those hardcore BF vets boycotted BC2, so now that a true Battlefield is coming out, you can include those hardcore vets, in addition to all the superficial tools who will buy it for it's MAREEENZ single player and GRAFIX, in addition to all the people who are converting from CoD to BF because they've had enough of CoD's rehashed shit and want something shiny and new 

and you got yourself around 10-15 million copies if not more.. 

thats not failure. you turn Battlefield into Call of Duty with that deathmatch bullshit and you get high sales on the short run, but in the long run, DICE (who, unlike Activision's minions, actually LOVE what they do and get their rush fix from interacting with hardcore fans and outdoing themselves tech-wise and gameplay-wise and innovation-wise, and staying true to their roots proudly) will lose their identity and loathe themselves .. 

DICE didnt submit to the pressure that made many developers give up and spit out CoD clones our way, they've been fighting back their own way for years, i dont see a reason why they'd suddenly clone COD/Counter Strike now.
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Wuddel

I think there won't be a a new gamemode, but there really should be. In a game that somehow mimics reality (the type of reality were war is fun and no one gets hurt in the end) it feels stupid to sit beside a flag that magically moves up and down. It is tough to do this with destructible environments, but the game mode should be more map dependent. Both sites have certain objectives and you can blow them up or repair them, and they should "do things", like give strategic bomber airstrikes, radar control etc. For example a classical point "A" in conquest could be turned to a satellite uplink consisting of three parts, say generator, control console and dish, and you need to hack all three of them at the same time to get points and gain satellite recon.

You guys should play Killzone 3 Conquest (the new mode in KZ3, not war zone) mode a bit. Very novel take one objective based play.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @Jayross
    Probably not in BF3 since they shoot for realism. Otherwise it could have been stationary strongholds or maybe even aircraft carriers. It's possible but...

On the OTHER hand! Given how DICE love to revisit their old franchises? 
    BF2143 Expansion. Think about it!
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Yes.  I think they will end up doing something akin to KZ2's mixed mode rotation thingamer.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Arker101

I'm willing to bet that there will be a mode that has objectives, and has not been in Battlefield before. 

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Twisted_Scot
    @Jayross said:
    " If they bring back Titan mode I am fucking sold. "
    Agreed, it was awesome. Id like some more tactical mission based game play options like that. Id also love it it they put in some of the kit from the expansions like the zip-line & graple hook / rope, that was fun (when it worked).  
    easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By easthill

I kinda hope they keep it simple, no need to split up the player base. "This is how the game is supposed to be played!" are tiring. Though I would maybe like some game modes geared towards 8vs8/12vs12 matches, but that wont happen.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Nadafinga
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " Conquest mixed with Rush. No idea how it'll happen... but, who knows, those guys are crazy. "
    This is actually a really cool idea, and I just read that SOCOM 4 is going to have a mode like this. It starts off as conquest, where you have to conquer 3 flags. If you do so, you then get to attack your opponent's base, Rush-style. Sounds like a lot of fun.
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
    @Nadafinga said:
    " @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " Conquest mixed with Rush. No idea how it'll happen... but, who knows, those guys are crazy. "
    This is actually a really cool idea, and I just read that SOCOM 4 is going to have a mode like this. It starts off as conquest, where you have to conquer 3 flags. If you do so, you then get to attack your opponent's base, Rush-style. Sounds like a lot of fun. "
    Anything that's not ''hey, shoot everyone you can for points!'' is fine with me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.