Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Finally, my wings

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By white

So after 52h 59min... After many weekend days of not eating nor sleeping properly, I've finally done it. I've gotten to the rank of a Colonel. In exchange for a fictitious eagle badge I gave this game 3 weeks of my well being. Now I just feel so burned out I don't think I wanna play anymore of this game.

Whatever. I'll probably restart my cycle next weekend and grind for the next star. The real Battlefield 3 starts here...

Curse this game.

HODGEY3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HODGEY3000

can you prestige in BF3?

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By white

@HODGEY3000 said:

can you prestige in BF3?

No? You just do an endless grind to level 145...

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says

@White: how much xp is needed each rank up after level 12 because it was 20000 twice in a row for me. Does it just stay 20000 each rank?

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By bushpusherr

I hit mine a few days ago, but I had only maxed out engineer and recon, so I still had plenty to unlock. Since then I've finished assault, and I'm about half through support. This is the most fun I've had playing a multiplayer game in a very long long time, no reason to stop after reaching top rank.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Heltom92

I don't know whether to congratulate you or call the men in white coats. Maybe both?

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By white

@bushpusherr said:

I hit mine a few days ago, but I had only maxed out engineer and recon, so I still had plenty to unlock. Since then I've finished assault, and I'm about half through support. This is the most fun I've had playing a multiplayer game in a very long long time, no reason to stop after reaching top rank.

I only have 1 star as an Assault. Almost there with Engineer but I rarely touch the Support and Recon classes until recently. And still I feel pretty burned out by it. Probably cause I've been sorta min-maxing it by playing with Jets and Assault non-stop, rather than having fun with EOD bots, MAVs, Mortars, driving around silly, etc.

@Vinny_Says said:

@White: how much xp is needed each rank up after level 12 because it was 20000 twice in a row for me. Does it just stay 20000 each rank?

Absolutely not. This is a rough estimate number that I'm pulling out of my ass, but I wanna say it increases by 5k every time you go up? Maybe? Google might has answers.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

Why is it that people feel the need to grind through levels as fast as possible? ... I played about 25 hours and I'm rank 22 (I think) ... I just play the game, have fun and try everything I can to help my team win. Who cares if I'm rank 1000, that doesn't matter.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@2HeadedNinja said:

Why is it that people feel the need to grind through levels as fast as possible? ... I played about 25 hours and I'm rank 22 (I think) ... I just play the game, have fun and try everything I can to help my team win. Who cares if I'm rank 1000, that doesn't matter.

I'm with you. I just wanna smoke dudes and feel good about it.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

I hope there is still stuff to unlock after hitting 45, if it's just grinding level after level with no incentive then I can't see myself playing as much as I am at the moment.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jetsetwillie

i don't really care about all that. i just like shootin stuff

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By white

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

I hope there is still stuff to unlock after hitting 45, if it's just grinding level after level with no incentive then I can't see myself playing as much as I am at the moment.

There's no more Camos, sidearms, perks or PDWs to unlock past 45. But you can still do your individual kit and vehicle unlocks, and unlock each attachment for every weapon, get every medal and all the dogtags. But yeah it does become a grind.

Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

@White said:

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

There's no more Camos, sidearms, perks or PDWs to unlock past 45. But you can still do your individual kit and vehicle unlocks, and unlock each attachment for every weapon, get every medal and all the dogtags. But yeah it does become a grind.

That's a bit shit. How hard would it have been to put a few more weapons in the game or increase the xp need to get to 45.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Wuddel

I think its BC2 all over again. You could have all unlocks in only a few levels and then a meaning less level number. They just made it an endless grind to unlock all scopes for all guns now. I only focussed on jets so far. Since I am still not good it is a slow process, but vehicle upgrades are really the only meaningful thing.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By white

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

@White said:

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

That's a bit shit. How hard would it have been to put a few more weapons in the game or increase the xp need to get to 45.

Well that new trailer for Back to Karkand says there'll be 10 more weapons so... Yeah.

In a way BF3 unlocks feel less numerous when compared to BC2. Yeah it does have the attachment unlock system, but that in itself is repeated the same way throughout every weapon in the game. I remember in Battlefield games of past there's a noticeable difference between choosing an RPG-7 over a Gustav or an AT-4 but here it's just Javelin or shoot-straight-RPG.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Aishan

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

Why do you need the carrot dangling in front of your eyes all the time? The game is fun, enjoy it for what it is. You don't always need to be chasing the next shiny new toy.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By bwmcmaste

@Aishan said:

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

Why do you need the carrot dangling in front of your eyes all the time? The game is fun, enjoy it for what it is. You don't always need to be chasing the next shiny new toy.

A voice of reason emerges amid the madness.

Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

@Aishan said:

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

It's how I've always played MP games and have fun doing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.