Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

I just bought BF3 digitally on Amazon

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DG991

Hey, I just bought BF3 digitally on Amazon since I saw it was only $50.

I'm downloading it from amazon now and it is going to take quite a while... I hope this wasn't a mistake.400MB/10GB so far (it's only been 10min or so). As long as it finishes eventually I will be fine (it could be two days for all I care), but the problem is it is just a little tiny window on my screen showing my progress. What if my internet cuts out or anything, does it work like steam where I can stop and restart or do I have to start all over again?

Anyone have experience with digital downloads from Amazon?

Also... I really shouldn't of purchased this game because I don't like a number of things they have done with it. But this is one of the rare games that I have a decent amount of friends playing it on PC.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @DG991: You can pretty much start and stop it whenever youd like. Ive downloaded I believe 2 or 3 games from there and I've never had a problem
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hunkulese

You really should just put your key into Origin and download from there. You'll have to activate it through Origin anyway and their downloader is faster than Amazon's.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Barrock

You can open your digital downloads page and copy/paste the game key into Origin if you want.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DG991

Ah your right. I'm already 3 gb in so I might as well stick to it though. But now if Origins pulls some shit where I can't re download the client, at least good ol' amazon might have my back. I really wish this shit was released on steam....

@Unknown_Pleasures: Yea, but I don't pre order things often. I waited on the reviews, specifically the giantbomb review.

And besides I just talked myself into buying it today.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By noremnants

Put the key that amazon gives you into origin. You'll need origin anyway so why not let it download through that?

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By infininja

Why not title your thread "Just purchased from Amazon, does anyone know if I can pause the download?"

Why make it so ambiguous? Get to the point.

Giacomito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Giacomito

anybody knows if I can buy the game from Amazon and plug the Cd-key into origin if I live in Europe??

would love to buy it off amazon for 50 bucks as the conversion would be nice for me and also, the digital retailers here are pretty ass.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DG991

@Infininja: Because that wasn't my question. I was more interested in some opinions and experiences of digital downloads off of Amazon. Slow down and read my post. Maybe you will get the point.

@Havox: Thanks, I figure I will just let it finish downloading from Amazon though since I already started it on there. If I had known that before I would of done it that way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.