Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

It's pretty pathetic they reduced the COOP leveling requirements

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By squirrelnacho

The COOP was not the most entertaining part of the game, but it was NOT HARD AT ALL to play through and get all of the COOP weapons. The only missing feature was chat.

If you failed a mission, you still got all of the points up to that part of the level.

Getting the G3 at the end took WAY LESS TIME than fully completing a specific class like engineer or support, anyway, to get all of THOSE unlocks. It's seems people just don't want to have to put in any effort to level up to have access to every single weapon. Getting random unlocks every 10 minutes apparently wasn't enough.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I'd agree, if the missions were better.
    I liked the first and second one.
    The rest struck me as typical missions, real shame.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RsistncE

...having to play through the same missions over and over is lame and lead to an experience was not fun in any way. They did the smart thing, get over it.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By squirrelnacho

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I'd agree, if the missions were better. I liked the first and second one. The rest struck me as typical missions, real shame.

I preferred the 4th and the 6th because they took place mostly indoors and you don't get much of that in the regular multiplayer.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @squirrelnacho said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I'd agree, if the missions were better. I liked the first and second one. The rest struck me as typical missions, real shame.

I preferred the 4th and the 6th because they took place mostly indoors and you don't get much of that in the regular multiplayer.

If I didn't get stabbed in the face by them (I'm a trained commando and I can't parry a knife? Huh?) constantly or have a little more context to the mission then just spawn somewhere and start shooting I'd agree with that too!
    squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By squirrelnacho

@RsistncE said:

...having to play through the same missions over and over is lame and lead to an experience was not fun in any way. They did the smart thing, get over it.

And you aren't playing the same maps over and over to unlock weapons in those? You only needed to play about 44 rounds of COOP spread out over 6 levels to get all the weapons. (440000 points to Get G3, about 10000 per level, 6 levels. That means you would only have to play each level about 7 times, and you could pick and choose anyway).

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By mikemcn

Fuck no, the missions were sucky across the board, and at 10K Xp per mission it would take 44 missions to actually get all unlocks, that's insane, Only on a few do you get around 20K xp.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By big_jon

I gave up on CO-Op because no one who has a mic would play with me, made it pointless.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By squirrelnacho

@Mikemcn said:

Fuck no, the missions were sucky across the board, and at 10K Xp per mission it would take 44 missions to actually get all unlocks, that's insane, Only on a few do you get around 20K xp.

Not everyone thinks COOP is boring. 44 rounds was not hard at all. You can finish them in less than 10 minutes. How many rounds of conquest and rush do you think you will need to play to unlock everything else?

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Dingofighter
    @squirrelnacho: Conquest and Rush aren't scripted though, so you get more variety there.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RsistncE

@squirrelnacho said:

@RsistncE said:

And you aren't playing the same maps over and over to unlock weapons in those? You only needed to play about 44 rounds of COOP spread out over 6 levels to get all the weapons. (440000 points to Get G3, about 10000 per level, 6 levels. That means you would only have to play each level about 7 times, and you could pick and choose anyway).

Did you just compare the multiplayer to the Co-op?

/exit thread

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mikemcn

@squirrelnacho said:

@Mikemcn said:

Not everyone thinks COOP is boring. 44 rounds was not hard at all. You can finish them in less than 10 minutes. How many rounds of conquest and rush do you think you will need to play to unlock everything else?

You overlook the fact that Conquest and Rush are actually fun. And you can"t honestly expect me to believe that playing any of those 6 missions 44 times is in any way enjoyable.

VictorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By VictorK

So, how does it work now? Do you unlock the weapons faster? If so, how much faster?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By fattony12000

Farm the first bit of the last level, that'll get you about 10k in 3 mins.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By JP_Russell

I think the coop is complete garbage and shouldn't even have exclusive unlocks affiliated with it, so any reduction in points needed to get them softens the blow for me a bit. What exactly did they change, though? You speak of 440,000 as though that was the previous amount, but it still shows as being that much on Battlelog for me. Or was it more than that previously?

Personally, I've made about 110,000 points in the coop so far and want nothing more than to stop playing it, but I can't if I want those unlocks. Don't tell me this isn't hard when I'm only a quarter of the way through this torture!

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xeiphyer

Lol. Grinding those 6 missions over and over to get all the unlocks is fucking retarded. Maybe if they were better and the missions were in some way dynamic, but they play out the same time every time.

@squirrelnacho said:

@Mikemcn said:

Not everyone thinks its boring, just most people, which is a sign that they aren't designed very well or very fun to play over and over to get all the unlocks. Multiplayer provides a dynamic experience because you are playing against real people, so two matches are never the same and its always challenging. If you think the coop and multiplayer experiences are the same, you're obviously completely insane.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pinworm45

It wasn't hard to grind them, it was boring. There's no reason to have to do them so many times. Maybe - MAYBE - if they were randomized at all. But they aren't. It was tedious. Good change.

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Moridin

Wait, when did this happen? Or when WILL this happen?

Looking at my co-op progression on 360 and it still says I need 441k points to unlock the G3A3. I don't want that, but I really want to get my hands on the SG553 as I main engineer most of the time.

Edit: Ah, nevermind, just saw the post.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arker101

I just did "Hit And Run" around 41 times. yay

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By infininja

Only 44 times? You've lost it.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By xxizzypop

@squirrelnacho said:

@RsistncE said:

I need to quote this just because I can't understand this. So... you're telling me that I only need to complete these six levels seven times each? I don't want to play any level in any give game more than perhaps two or three times outside of multiplayer. Every one of these missions are scripted, and there is little to no change in how they work. They tend to turn tedious and boring, and you are forced to try and find someone else who is along for the ride of playing these same six missions over and over again.

Now, assuming that each missions takes say... ten minutes. Multiply forty-four rounds by that. Four hundred and forty minutes. Almost seven and a half hours. And that's with near flawless execution. Seven and a half hours on six, heavily scripted, unchanging missions that most (not all, mind you, but most) players do not enjoy beyond the first playthrough.

Fuck. That. Shit.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SomeJerk

Man, it really sucks to be some of you guys.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gruff182

What has actually changed??

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By Seppli

I did it and it was a grind. Good for DICE to give in to the community. I'd rather not have played as much co-op. It was way too much repetition.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By squirrelnacho

@xxizzypop said:

Fuck. That. Shit.

"YEAH I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME JUST GIVE ME ALL THE UNLOCKS AFTER I PLAY THE GAME FOR 5 HOURS HERP HERP DERP DERPP"

The reason DICE did this was so you wouldn't have half of the players with the highest ranked weapons 2 weeks after the game was out. This is why they have so many weapons with so many unlocks in the first place. Again, that's apparently not enough for some people. They just want the highest ranked weapons after a couple hours of play.

All I know is, I'm happily enjoying the G3, SIG553, m93r and the other unlocks while the whiners wait for DICE to make the game easier for them because they don't want to have to put in any amount of effort to unlock something.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By scarace360

i liked the co op but seriously it needed to be longer maybe no single player but a longer co op campaign.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Sin4profit

The Co-op missions were fine once but making anyone play the same linear experience over again is a bad idea if you want a positive outlook on them...monotony is not fun.

Really they should have just given you a weapon per mission and then the G3 for completing them all on hard or something.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RsistncE

@squirrelnacho said:

@xxizzypop said:

Fuck. That. Shit.

"YEAH I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME JUST GIVE ME ALL THE UNLOCKS AFTER I PLAY THE GAME FOR 5 HOURS HERP HERP DERP DERPP"

The reason DICE did this was so you wouldn't have half of the players with the highest ranked weapons 2 weeks after the game was out. This is why they have so many weapons with so many unlocks in the first place. Again, that's apparently not enough for some people. They just want the highest ranked weapons after a couple hours of play.

All I know is, I'm happily enjoying the G3, SIG553, m93r and the other unlocks while the whiners wait for DICE to make the game easier for them because they don't want to have to put in any amount of effort to unlock something.

...or they could have just made them high level unlocks in multiplayer. But that would have made too much sense for their herp to derp.

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Divina_Rex

@squirrelnacho said:

@xxizzypop said:

Fuck. That. Shit.

WOW! I'll get good weapons if I grind coop for a hell of a long time. BUT WAIT! I could have had better weapons by just playing regular multiplayer.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... what decreased? I thought it hadn't decreased yet -- do you just get more points per level or something?

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I played through the coop twice on hard and only got to the MP7

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By xxizzypop

@squirrelnacho said:

@xxizzypop said:

Fuck. That. Shit.

If they made the co-op a decent component I wouldn't have a fucking problem. It's six missions. Six of them. Only a handful are fun, and those lose their charm after the third or fourth time of having to play through them. It's a monotonous experience created for the sake of being able to lock away content. It's not that I don't want to put the effort in -- I'd love to put more effort into an actual co-operative campaign. Unfortunately, all they did was create a jacked up, disconnected, short, grind-necessary component for masochists. Getting rid of this unnecessary grind isn't making the game easier, it's an admission of fault in the design process.

All you're doing is putting words in peoples' mouths and assuming that everyone is just a whiny bitch who doesn't want to put time in to this game. I've proudly logged between thirty and forty in the multiplayer because it's fun and because I do like the unlock system. So to rephrase the retarded sentiment you apparently pulled from my previous post:

"YEAH I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO GRIND FOR SEVEN HOURSS IN A SUPER-SHORT AND BORING PIECE OF SHIT JUST FOR THE GAME TO GIVE ME A FEW UNLOCKS, I'D RATHER HAVE THEM BE INTEGRATED IN THE REGULAR UNLOCK SYSTEM IN A PART OF THE GAME THAT WAS WELL MADE, I ALSO WISH THIS GUY WOULD GET OFF HIS HIGH HORSE AND ACKNOWLEDGE DISSENTING OPINIONS WITHOUT BEING A SELF-INFLATED PRICK HERP HERP DERP DERPP"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 137

if you're going to add a co-op mode to a game make sure to add enough missions for me to care.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Barrock

I can't fly a helicopter and seemingly no one else can either. I'm stuck on the second levle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.