Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Now that I have put some time in I can honestly say.

• 74 results
    ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By ericdrum

@Vodun said:

If it's so easy, then everyone should be able to do it including the other people on your server. Sounds like you just want to say how awesome you are but frame it as a complaint to hide how douchey that would be...

Great analysis. I seriously thought the exact same thing.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By twi

Have to say that i'm really enjoying the game on the PS3. Most fun i've had playing a FPS on a console yet. Really fun game!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By big_jon

@ericdrum said:

@Vodun said:

If it's so easy, then everyone should be able to do it including the other people on your server. Sounds like you just want to say how awesome you are but frame it as a complaint to hide how douchey that would be...

You people are just insecure, feeling hurt because you can't get the same results? People asked me to elaborate, I edited the post to give examples of why a feel the way I do.

Also, your counter points are pretty weak, some are plain incorrect while some are just the quickest and simplest thing that came to your mind, no real thought process.

These are things I don't like, you making fragmented jibes at my opionons, that don't even seem valid in half the cases doesn't change that.

@ericdrum said:

@XII_Sniper: Absolutely. The OP had complained about how easy it was to go 46-0 in a tank. He may have gotten away with it somewhere, but not on any of the servers I play on.

Oh, you guys must be super hardcore! Why did you guys have to try and make this a dick measuring contest?

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Vodun

@big_jon said:

@ericdrum said:

@Vodun said:

You people are just insecure, feeling hurt because you can't get the same results? People asked me to elaborate, I edited the post to give examples of why a feel the way I do.

Also, your counter points are pretty weak, most are incorrect while some are just the quickest and simplest thing that came to your mind, no real thought process.

These are things I don't like, you making fragmented jibes at my opionons, that don't even seem valid in half the cases doesn't change that.

If my counter points are so weak then dress them down big boy, don't just talk big. Most if it is just a matter of opinion so good luck with that shit.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By big_jon

@Vodun said:

@big_jon said:

@ericdrum said:

@Vodun said:

Also, your counter points are pretty weak, most are incorrect while some are just the quickest and simplest thing that came to your mind, no real thought process.

If my counter points are so weak then dress them down big boy, don't just talk big. Most if it is just a matter of opinion so good luck with that shit.

Are you trying to antagonize me you insecure little prick?

Get out.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Vodun

@big_jon: I would say succeeding.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By big_jon

@Vodun said:

How old are you?

Maybe grow the fuck up you pretentiously hipster looking mother fucker?

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58  Edited By mfpantst

I think a point to be made here is that the BC games are good console games and BF3 may have made a more successful re-transition to the PC than people give it credit for.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Vodun

@big_jon said:

@Vodun said:

How old are you?

Oooh, getting personal AND cussing. I sure am glad I'm not as mature as you then! You're positively moldy!

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ericdrum

@big_jon: Dude, I say this in all seriousness. You need to relax. All of your posts are full of piss and vinegar. People are trying to hook you and you are taking the bait. You are the one who is coming off as completely insecure. If you want this thread to last and be a serious discussion of your original points, you'd be well served to take it easy.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By big_jon

@Vodun said:

@big_jon said:

@Vodun said:

How old are you?

Oooh, getting personal AND cussing. I sure am glad I'm not as mature as you then! You're positively moldy!

You got vaguely personal toward me too with your pretentious ass post, don't pull that shit, any ways I have to go for surgery in an hour, so I am done with this.

Self satisfied little pricks like you make my blood boil.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Vodun

@big_jon said:

@Vodun said:

@big_jon said:

@Vodun said:

How old are you?

You got vaguely personal toward me too with your pretentious ass post, don't pull that shit, any ways I have to go for surgery in an hour, so I am done with this.

Self satisfied little pricks like you make my blood boil.

Of course, that's why I kept winding you up. You make it so obvious.

Good luck in the surgery!

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By clstirens

@big_jon said:

I can honestly say I think that Battlefield Badcompany 2 is a better game than Battlefield 3, I may end up going back, and I am sad that it has come to that. I had a few friends who switched back, I had tried to convince them to stay but, no they were right, I was blind.

I should say that I am on a console which has a large effect on my opinion as I like rush more than conquest and Battlefield 3 Rush maps are bad, nothing compares to Oasis in this game, or even port Valdes, or Arika Harbour or White's pass. Everything in Battlefeild 3 feels un polished and easy to me, no real skill gap, no mastering of things aside from jets being difficult. I think that this game is one of the largest let downs in my life game wise, and I really hope that BadCompany 3 (if there is one) learns from this.

What happened to more destruction any ways? Vehicles have no weight and to get stuck on everything.

-Flash lights are fucking retarded, how does something like this make it into the game?

-Weapons feel random and lack consistency, one minute it takes me three shot to kill an enemy, the next it takes ten because the hits are not registering.

-Tanks really don't seem to take any skill any more, too easy to master, like many other thing as in the game, way to many tank with engineer up its ass fights

-Too many lock on weapons

-Camping is rewarded too often, bad spawns, guys hiding in prone in the attackers base

-too many choke points on maps, no ways around

-no reason to evade in Helicopters and actually fly well because of all the lock on, it's just a matter of hiding and flares.

-Everything feels too easy, like it is handed to you, I just went 46/0 in the T-90, I didn't feel very good about it

-No destruction, half these buildings have no damage spots

-IR lenses are just too much, they are the easy button of this game, how do these get past Q&A?

-Visuals are worse in most aspects when compared to BadCompany 2, everything looks low res and janky, HDR lighting and lens flare don't change that, textures pop in all the time

-Contrast is terrible, if you are out side and someone is under shadows, you better say goodbye, unlest you have the easy button equipped

@Sooty said:

BC2 feels sluggish and shitty compared to BF3. But to each their own.

Plenty of hilarious and/or amazing moments happening in the servers I'm frequenting. (PC, 64 Conquest)

I feel like some of the OP's complaints are fair and spot on, while others are completely based on an incorrect gut feeling.

For example, the tanks are NOT easier to own with in BF3. I cannot tell you how many times I've single handedly destroyed a tank in BF3 WAY easier than in BC2 simply because I could disable him in ONE DAMN SHOT with an RPG. once he's disabled, he's almost completely fucked.

In BC2, the tanks could go on until they blew up.

Avatar image for belligerentengine
    BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BC3 has problems with map design and gun balance(1 overpowered gun for each class rest are eh). I also feel like a few to many of their decisions were made in favor of cinematic presentation over actual ease of play and balance.

That said it's still a solid Battlefield experience.

The funny thing for me is whenever I play a Battlefield game I can pretty much consistently say that 2142 was DICE's best iteration on this concept. Most people that disagree have played little to no 2142 so they can't really dispute me.

In terms of actual game-play, class balance, vehicle balance, and map design 2142 did pretty much everything right. It also had by far the most dynamic and fun game mode of any of the entries in the Battlefield series.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ericdrum

@BelligerentEngine: Titan Mode FTW!

BadOrcLDR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BadOrcLDR

My biggest complaint about BF3 thus far is the people playing it. I'm so tired of being the only guy who actually revives people. Maybe it's just bad luck on my part. I know I should be happy, it just means more points for me. The problem is that I did not mind the competition. It makes the games far more intricate than running around with an RPG and spamming choke points.

Snipers have always been annoying and engineers always the great asses of Battlefield. Still, with the 9 missiles engies can get and the IR scopes a sniper can snag, it can just feel oppressively overwhelming at times.

I hate to say it, but while I enjoy this game, I'm finding myself wanting to play Bad Company 2 while I actually play BF3.

Admittedly, strapping an IR scope onto my 200 round LMG is kind of fun.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By bunnymud

Battlefield and Battlefield:BC are two different beasts and the two should not meet.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By veektarius

I was definitely a better player in BFBC1 & 2 than I am in BF3, though I think it's thanks mostly to the fact that so many maps reward camping (not necessarily spawn camping, though that to) and I prefer to keep moving. If you put me in Grand Bazaar, I will not find a good spot and fire down the alleyway from a distance. I will steadily advance, lobbing explosives until I'm out, then I will charge with my shotgun or shotgun attachment and attempt to take as many by surprise as I can. I think that in the grand scheme of things, I'm helping my team by breaking the stalemate assuming I get a couple kills that way. But in terms of score, the game discourages that kind of behavior. It might also have to do with a larger player count ensuring that there are always more dudes waiting behind the ones I can kill. I have a friend who I play with who stays in a building and picks off dudes, while I run around outside. I'll get eight kills and he'll get 22. So clearly, to an extent, I'm doing it wrong. I still prefer being a shock trooper, though. Also, my opinion is that conquest is no good with small teams and rush is no good with large teams.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By sjupp

@Potter9156 said:

I gotta say, just about all of your bullet points are objectively wrong. But opinions, man. I could never get used to the clunky feel of everything in BC2.

Pretty much.

@Seppli said:

For me it's more about snapping out of Bad Company into Battlefield proper. Stuff like lock-on weapons and prone change the game and pacing a lot and it's a matter of adapting to the new facts of life. That said, I think a Battlefield game designed and balanced for a lower playercount is more fun to me.

Example - the kits. In the Bad Company games every class was able to do pretty much everything, just with a different flavor and more or less effectively - every kit was independent. BF3 builds much more on dependencies. A recon soldier cannot actively engage vehicles at all. Most anything cannot be done on your own. As a lone wulf player mostly, that's a big departure in playstyle. Haven't found squadmates yet, though my lonewulfing starts to get better. I will wulf like the big bad wolf soon enough. Eventually I'll find access to a squad of likeminded players and tear it up in earnest in easy mode. Teamplayers - the new campers.

Yeah - my Rambo sensibilities are not exactly met by BF3, but that's more my fault than anyone else's. Oh well - fighter jets got only one seat for one Top Gun. That qualifies for going 'Rambo'.

Also this.

@big_jon said:

-Flash lights are fucking retarded, how does something like this make it into the game?

-Contrast is terrible, if you are out side and someone is under shadows, you better say goodbye, unlest you have the easy button equipped

1. You know that stuff kind of works in real life?

2. Isn't that how shadows are supposed to work?

(The IR scope is kind of ridiculous though)

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Funkydupe

I like BF3 so far. I'm at level 22.

To be honest it feels like Bad Company 2 version 1.5. That doesn't have to be a bad thing. They feel like similar games, but BF3 does feel better and I'm sure it will only improve once more options in terms of maps are introduced.

If you feel lost you should definitely consider going from 64 players to 48 or maybe 32. Some servers run even the bigger maps with less than 64. There are ways to tailor this game more to your liking.

I will never go back to Bad Company 2. I enjoy this too much, and I'm a fan of being able to go prone when I want to. Using bipods is pretty cool. Audio is even better now. Graphics is great considering the infantry/vehicle nature. Maps are of decent sizes but some maps have flags a bit too close, but I know that's because they want intense combat zones. My favorite Battlefield game was BF2, and I enjoyed having to travel a bit to some of the flags, that's really the most apparent thing missing for me. I guess most players find travel boring nowadays, but it made car-pooling more important as well as keeping squad members alive so that we could respawn where needed.

IrishBrewed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By IrishBrewed

I agree that BFBC 2 mp trumps BF3. The simple reason being it is as you said often times a chaotic mess with a randomness feeling to it. Plus the presentation is lacking with the clunky HUD. Not to mention more of the same isn't always better just look at the call of duty games who have morphed into the madden of FPS.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72  Edited By BawlZINmotion

@big_jon said:

@MrKlorox said:

@YukoAsho said:

@MrKlorox said:

Got it... you don't like change, even if it's for the better. Point received.

That's some trolling ass trolling. This might shock you, but newer isn't automatically better. People come up with their own opinions.

Shocker, I know.

Considering he shits on just about every new thing, I think there's another troll in the midst. Both your opinions can now be discounted for the foreseeable future.

Or in other words your feelings are hurt because I don't have the same opinion as you.

Voicing my opinion on a game, then stating it's how I feel is not trolling, it's how I feel, I have put a lot of time into the game and am not liking it, I am making valid bullet points on what I dislike about it, if you can't handle that then maybe you should get the fuck off our forums.

People need to fucking grow up and stop calling others trolls because they disagree with one anothers opinions.

@Chainblast:

I have over 10,000 kills in tanks in Badcompany 2, and over 1000 in BF3 they are not the same.

Writing about your kill counts do nothing to explain why you think tanks are different from game-to-game. I disagree with your point, but generally what follows is you supply some basic information as to why you hold that view. Maybe you're right and I missed something, but if you're not willing to discuss why you feel the way you do, what's the point of creating this thread to begin with? You took the time to point out you disagree with me disagreeing with you, why not go a bit further and tell me why? That's how basic debate works. Writing an essay (not that I'm suggesting this is one, or should be) with little or no information to back up your views would get a big fat F. I thought we might get to actually discuss the game and its differences, whether people agree or disagree, but there has been a lot of constructive comments posted and you've generally only replied to the agitation oriented ones. In that regard you've kind of become your own worst enemy here if you're looking for even a slightly engaging discussion about the game.

Ignore the pricks.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By Ben_H
    @BelligerentEngine said:

The funny thing for me is whenever I play a Battlefield game I can pretty much consistently say that 2142 was DICE's best iteration on this concept. Most people that disagree have played little to no 2142 so they can't really dispute me.

In terms of actual game-play, class balance, vehicle balance, and map design 2142 did pretty much everything right. It also had by far the most dynamic and fun game mode of any of the entries in the Battlefield series.

Are there still servers for 2142? It's the only one I didn't play as I just kept playing BF2 instead. I kinda want to try it.

All this talk of BFBC2 just makes me want to go play more BFBC2: Vietnam. I've had more fun with that than vanilla BC2 and BF3. Barring a couple things, everyone get the same guns so it's always fair (both sides get the broken sniper rifle that's always 1 hit kill in hardcore mode, and both sides get the PPSH, which was better than all the assault rifles and shot at double the rate). Plus flamethrowers, crocodile tanks and Creedence Clearwater Revival.   Sadly, when I was playing it right before BF3 came out there were only around 30 servers left, and most were too high a latency for me (And the clan system was busted, everyone was in the invalid clan). 

I really think this whole gun unlock thing has busted modern shooters. In BF2, most of the unlockable weapons were either as good, or in rare cases, worse than the stock weapons (L85 was horrible compared to M16, super inaccurate and the scope was useless unless in single shot). Most of the people I played with just used stock weapons, especially as medic (partly because G36E was looked down upon because of the busted prone and shoot thingy that would get you 3 nearly dead on shots). The only gun that was truly better was the L96 because it had the damage of the Barrett and the accuracy of the M24 (that thing was sick, headshots and most body shots were guaranteed kills, where with the Barrett it missed half the time).
    McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By McShank

BF3 is better.. If you instal the HD pack, it looks ALOT better. Destruction at least has been added to more things then Bfbc2. The map designs are fine as there will be more seeing as the first wave of new maps comes out in december. Weapons dont seem useless to an extent that only 1-2 are good for each class. I have been using the G32 smg or whatever the eng gets and I destroy. Thanks to that gun alone, i got 3 mvp's today out of 7 games. Sure some do better then others, but it also depends on where you hit them or who shoots first. From what I have so far, there are only 2 lock on weapons and its the Javaline and the AA rocket.. other then those, i dont know of many other lock ons and the flares are there to deter them. I know I used all 7 rockets on a heli before and they were able to go far enough away to get their flares back every time i launched a missle at them. Not hard to stop them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.