Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

So that Tunguska Anti-Air tank...

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spoonman671

...is a bit of a rape machine isn't it?  Particularly on Noshahr Canals in rush mode, after the M-Coms on top of that big hill.  I've yet to find a good counter for it.  Any tips?

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By xdaknightx69

it used to be a rape machine until they nerfed the hell out of it , u can try to jav it or get into a tank and it will go down fast

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spoonman671
    @xdaknightx69 said:

it used to be a rape machine until they nerfed the hell out of it , u can try to jav it or get into a tank and it will go down fast

Does the javelin function differently than the stinger?  I haven't unlocked it yet.  The only map where the Tunguska really lays waste to my team doesn't have a tank, so the javelin may be the only alternative.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

DICE's approach to balancing the whole Air Vehicles vs Anti-Air Vehicle clusterfuck astounds me. They never find the sweet spot.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

I went 22/0 first time I got in it.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Wuddel

@Spoonman671: Yeah. RANGE! HUGE FUCKING RANGE! I hate it. Just tag it, and you can hit out-line-of-sight vehicles with Javelins and Guided Missles from the top. One hit will disable the AA. A second destroy it.

The AA is not broken. Its rather fragile. But I went 24-0 with the AA on Noshahr because most pilots are fucking idiots. Coming at me at close range with their pathetic minigun. Instead of droping a bunch of engis with RPGs behind me. Attack choppers can pseudo-1hit kill AAs. TVMissle on the gunner. Guided on the pilot. Instant death for an AA outside of its range.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Wuddel said:

@Spoonman671: Yeah. RANGE! HUGE FUCKING RANGE! I hate it. Just tag it, and you can hit out-line-of-sight vehicles with Javelins and Guided Missles from the top. One hit will disable the AA. A second destroy it.

The AA is not broken. Its rather fragile. But I went 24-0 with the AA on Noshahr because most pilots are fucking idiots. Coming at me at close range with their pathetic minigun. Instead of droping a bunch of engis with RPGs behind me. Attack choppers can pseudo-1hit kill AAs. TVMissle on the gunner. Guided on the pilot. Instant death for an AA outside of its range.

What exactly do you mean by "tag it"?  Are you talking about recon's remote laser doodad or is that a function of the javelin itself?  I just unlocked the HK54, which is the only Engineer weapon I've really liked, so I should have the javelin unlocked soon.  In the meantime, I'm getting insta-gibbed.
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wuddel

@Spoonman671: Yes. The Recons SOFLAM. The unlockable 3rd seat on the MBT and the "Laser Painter" upgrade on the Scout chopper can do that.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By FrankCanada97

Tunguska is lacking a bit in terms of maneuverability compared to the LAV-AD.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wuddel

@FrankCanada97: Well, its wheeled vs. threaded. The Tunguska can turn on the spot, which is nice. The acceleration certainly lacks though to evade a attack chopper salvo though.

LibertyForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LibertyForAll

Was on the receiving team end of someone going 70-2 in it on that map in that area ..before the "nerf"
    I think they changed it from .2 sec death to .3 sec death ....so 50% nerf I guess!!!
    I can understand AA being devasting to infantry, but then what I don't understand is why do the tank machine guns seem take the same or more hits to kill an infantry than the regular infantry machine guns do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.