Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Strike at Karkand Gamplay / B2K Preview (via Gamespot)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Gamespot got a Gameplay Video and a Preview for the B2K aka Back to Karkand expansion. Really looking forward to this. I have fund memories of Gulf of Oman playing the BF2 demo and of course Wake Island. It seem DICE intends for BF3 to peak late, because this looks even better than what we have now - especially them wholly destructible highrise apartment buildings.

Strike at Karkand Gameplay PS3

Gulf of Oman Gameplay PS3

Gamespot B2K Preview

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By nail1080

GAMESPOT? Fuck off

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Karl_Boss

nail has spoken looks like you better fuck off.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seppli

@Unknown_Pleasures: @nail1080:

What's the matter with Gamespot? Didn't Jeff pull a Tyler Durden on them or something? Also Karkand trumps Gamespot bias.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nail1080

@Seppli said:

@Unknown_Pleasures: @nail1080:

What's the matter with Gamespot? Didn't Jeff pull a Tyler Durden on them or something? Also Karkand trumps Gamespot bias.

Srrrrrrrry......sarcasm brah....reflecting a typical 2008 Giantbomb poster.

But yes I do concur, BF3 looks like it will age like a fine wine

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli

@nail1080:

Without sarcasm tags, internet sarcasm is lost on me. Also damn, just got done watching the Gulf of Oman video. It's going to be like 'TEH BEST THING EVER'.

I have little nostalgia for BF2 in general, but damn if I didn't play the shit out of the demo. BF3 is growing on me more every day. Once B2K is here, it will have assimilated my being into the BF3 collective entirely.

vaportra1l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By vaportra1l

Already pretty tired of these maps. Bring on Karkand!

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RsistncE

Hmmm...I don't really like what they've done with Oman. They've definitely shrunk down the beach area and the distance between OPFOR spawn and the rest of the map. Also seemed to have removed the US carriers and instead placed a permanent base on the beach. Karkand seems identical for the most part.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seppli

@RsistncE said:

Hmmm...I don't really like what they've done with Oman. They've definitely shrunk down the beach area and the distance between OPFOR spawn and the rest of the map. Also seemed to have removed the US carriers and instead placed a permanent base on the beach. Karkand seems identical for the most part.

It is 'Conquest' and not 'Conquest Large', since it's the PS3 version intended for 24 players. Who knows how big CQ 64 Oman is. I'm okay with a bit of 'waste of space' trimming though, as long as 'out of bounds' doesn't get overly restrictive. Also - despite of it, I see Oman is one massive map.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By BawlZINmotion

I wonder why the flow changing enhanced destruction that is being talked about wasn't done for the core maps? I'm not complaining about the core maps, I love most of them, I'm just curious why DICE didn't do this for the core if they could. And what changed between them and Back to Karkand?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sooty

I'm genuinely shocked at the lack of detail on buildings in the background on that version of the game, when he's on the crane looking down it looks incredibly barebones, but I guess sacrifices have to be made after all.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Wuddel

Does anyone know if you can use the Karkand weapons on the normal maps? In the trailer there was I think the LMG version of the G36.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By amomjc

Never understood why Wake Island is so popular, never enjoyed that map. Neat stuff though, cannot wait for some more content.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Liber

Low player count looks so exciting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By 137

@Seppli said:

@RsistncE said:

It is 'Conquest' and not 'Conquest Large', since it's the PS3 version intended for 24 players. Who knows how big CQ 64 Oman is. I'm okay with a bit of 'waste of space' trimming though, as long as 'out of bounds' doesn't get overly restrictive. Also - despite of it, I see Oman is one massive map.

there are plenty of interviews that said these are not the bf2 maps you know and love but a bf3 format on our favorite maps. To give you an idea, go load up battlefield play 4 free. it's the same level with destruction imo, same with oman.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.