Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

The most modernest militariest shooter on the market!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

I really wanted to give the singleplayer it's fair shot, I heard the talk but I wasn't going to listen until I saw it for myself.

Dear lord is this bland. It's not even bad it's just straight up boring through and through and I was really surprised by Jeff saying he was fine with it. I really want to know who are the people who like the campaign and their reasoning. I can see the couple of moments that shine and are almost interesting but overall it was just 5 hours of pointless shooting and a few QTEs. The coolest parts were the GRU mission because they actually kept the original Russian dialogue instead of reverting to stupid accents, and when they killed that guy by taking off his mask. They way (Vladimir?) calmed the dying man was hilariously disturbing. Now I know it's not the focus and what not but if you enjoyed the campaign please post here and tell me why.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

It gets leaps and bounds better near the end. But yeah, it was okay. DICE's best singleplayer experience so far was Mirror's Edge, and I cannot wait for its sequel. In fact, there were lots of parts in the campaign where i got a Mirror's Edge vibe from the drab, white office hallways and ambient lights bouncing off of surfaces.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I have played 2 levels and wasn't impressed.
    Then I played co op and nearly choked laughing at the bad use (and re-use) of what your character says and the horrible horrible animations of enemies or in cutscenes.
    I think I've seen enough of the singleplayer/co op for now, I'll stick to what I know and love, the multiplayer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By 137

I made it to the rooftop on hard, I got mission over and went back to multiplayer.

PSB_Vam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PSB_Vam

Single player isn't really DICE's strong point and this campaign was utterly boring. I really tried to like it but I dozed off like 4-5 times cause it wasn't that all exciting and it was firefight after firefight. Story was meh, the vehicle parts were boring especially the jet part, its cool seeing how the second pilot operates but as a game mechanic its pretty boring. Its a good looking game but I didn't enjoy the single player all that much. Multiplayer on the other hand is great!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.