Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Totalbiscut's BF3 Beta Impressions

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cbk486

I agree with TB's opinion that this map without any vehicles doesn't seem like the best representation of typical battlefield style game play. The beta is as much a marketing tool these days as it is a mechanism to get technical feedback before the release. As a whole though, this video doesn't make me that excited for the full release. I'm kind of burnt out with most FPS games at the moment, and this doesn't seem too different than Bad Company 2. I'll probably wait for a sale or something before I pick it up.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cincaid

@cbk486: You might want to add some of your own thoughts, as right now this topic is considered Youtube spam.

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cbk486

@Cincaid: Oh whoops. Sorry. I though TB was well known enough in the commnuity that this would be okay.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By amomjc

As much as I love TB's stuff, add a little text to the post about your thoughts so this is not Youtube spam, more people need to be exposed to him :)

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpecTackle

I'm laughing about how he's comparing the guns to Medal of Honor and BC. They feel nothing like either game. They didn't feel like either game in Alpha, either. It's not a bad thing that they don't feel like Bad Company 1 or 2, because BC 1 & 2 were a departure from Battlefield proper. They were console focused games, and it's nice to see DICE focus on the PC again. I can't say I like Battlelog, though. It's pretty horrible. Nothing worse than timing out from a server and immediately having the game exit with no message what so ever as to why.

Also, a beta isn't about 'demonstrating', it's about testing within specific parameters. This guy has hardly any idea of what's in front of him. Except for the FoV bit - he's right about that.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Sitoxity

@cbk486: Although he's well enough known, it's pretty much considered spam if you don't propose a topic of discussion to go with the video.

I've been watching it (slowly...as I redownload steam games) and I have to say, I disagree with what he says. Unfortunately for me, my impressions are from the Alpha, so I don't know what the changes feel like, especially with the changes to the Metro map. I look forward to seeing how much is different tomorrow when I get my chance to play after classes.

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HoM3R

Love TB didnt see this video yet. He's says it doesnt feel like BF but MoH wich is BS because MoH felt bad playing allround and BF3 feels pretty good. Later he explains it as no vehicles and no destruction, but gues he just need to play some Caspian Border because that is freaking BF!

Also I love Battlelog feels alot better then a big ingame menu, you can alt-tab and do some interneting while waiting. Only thing is that its stupid that you cant go into the ingame menu without spawning.

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cbk486

@HoM3R said:

Also I love Battlelog feels alot better then a big ingame menu, you can alt-tab and do some interneting while waiting. Only thing is that its stupid that you cant go into the ingame menu without spawning.

Yeah. It would be nice if they have a separate settings client or something so that you can get that all sorted out before you launch the game.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sjupp

I usually agree with TB but this video just.. Man, felt like his opinions were opposite to mine. Guns felt awesome in Alpha and MoH was just.. meh.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Agree with some of it but not all. Trying to ignore the glitches, graphics etc as its a beta I was kinda disappointed so far in BF3. I agree that for me it feels like a refined BC2 with prone (why was it ever taken out ?) and that's great if you like BC2 but it wasn't really for me. I loved BF2 and while I know things have to advance and change I can't see why they would release this under BF3 and not BC3. Don't get me wrong it's not as if im going to run out and cancel my pre-order as I'm sure ill enjoy the game but It really doesn't feel like it upped the bar as much as I had hoped.  God only knows why they put the only map you can play so far in the beta as a no vehicle map, their what makes any BF game a BF game.  I don't really agree with him on the weapons, I think of the ones I use they felt fine if pretty difficult to use at times. The change from outdoors to indoors does keep the play fairly interesting and my only real issue with it so far is due to my own inability to really figure out where I am and how to get there, that usually turn quickly into a complete cluster fuck but its not the games fault on that point.
    The 3D spotting seems quite a bit better now although some weird stuff seem to happen when trying to spot people but im not sure if its glitching or something they have changed that I haven't figured out yet. I see people who have played other maps saying that they are more like a BF game so while im still very hopefull for this game I dont think this was the best way let most of use get our hands on it for first impressions. 
    The leg animation while adding something to the movement and feel of the game makes me laugh tho, sometimes It feels like my character is a Jim Henson muppet.
    One last thing I had to add is after all these years and numerous games why have they never added a "Quit to menu" button between matches in their MP? It's a minor detail that drives me insane.

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HoM3R

@Twisted_Scot said:

"Quit to menu" button between matches

You mean "Quit to The Cloud" button between matches

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Twisted_Scot
    @HoM3R said:

@Twisted_Scot said:

"Quit to menu" button between matches

You mean "Quit to The Cloud" button between matches

Lol. Id settle for a less descriptive  "Lets get the F**k outta here!" button.
    Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MachoFantastico

TB sounds so down about the beta, seems more Battlefield: Bad Company 2 then Battlefield at the moment. TB makes some fair points though, not the strongest beta so far.

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

Of course taking into consideration that I'm not much into shooters... this footage he shows is absolutely unimpressiv. Like even those graphics (yeh, they're not max only high I know) don't do much for me. It's like "yeh it looks a bit better, but nothing major".

And as far as gameplay goes, it just kinda looks like shooters do. Nothing that would me "outsider" get more interested. (Don't hate me!)

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kohe321

Yup, Metro is a terrible map and the gunplay feels more like MoH than battlefield. DICE went and messed it all up.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

I'm glad he pointed out the textures, in places, aren't very good. I thought it was just the HD stream I was watching last night.

The MOH comparisons are pretty disappointing.

Hope he makes another one for 64player Caspian.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By emergency

@Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:

I'm glad he pointed out the textures, in places, aren't very good. I thought it was just the HD stream I was watching last night.

The MOH comparisons are pretty disappointing.

Hope he makes another one for 64player Caspian.

He already has.. and surprise surprise his tone is totally different. Dude's an idiot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@HoM3R said:

TB BF but MoH wich is BS because MoH BF3 feels pretty good. freaking BF!

SO MANY ABBREVIATIONS DEAR LORD

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By ericdrum

I have heard every opinion on this game from 5 different angles and everyone's telling of the 'facts' are so different. You can find a bunch of people to disagree with this guy's opinion and vice versa. It's too much at this point. Try the game for yourselves people and see what you think.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic

This is better (also TotalBiscuit) 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't like this person very much. The game looks like Battlefield. I like Battlefield.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Bollard

@AhmadMetallic: Have you seen part two now? Epic plane head on collision in the background at 7:48!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Chavtheworld said:

@AhmadMetallic: Have you seen part two now? Epic plane head on collision in the background at 7:48!

Still watching part one, and it's fucking awesome. Not so much the gameplay since I've seen a buttload of Caspian gameplay, but rather TotalBiscuit's approach and commentary! I love his videos but he's especially energetic and funny in this one
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bollard

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Still watching part one, and it's fucking awesome. Not so much the gameplay since I've seen a buttload of Caspian gameplay, but rather TotalBiscuit's approach and commentary! I love his videos but he's especially energetic and funny in this one

Aye, he trails off a little later on when he runs out of stuff to say, but it's still good commentary. Wish he had camped a jet but what can ya do!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Chavtheworld said:

Wish he had camped a jet but what can ya do!

Dude, there are several long HD caspian gameplay videos with jet play on Youtube! I've been watching dog fights all day.. not to mention the livestreams.
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bollard

@AhmadMetallic: I had guessed that, but I still had hoped to get it all in one video :P

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cloudenvy

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Wish he had camped a jet but what can ya do!

Dude, there are several long HD caspian gameplay videos with jet play on Youtube! I've been watching dog fights all day.. not to mention the livestreams.

Guess what duders, dogfights are preeeeeeeetty awesome.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By ESREVER

@Cloudenvy: Were you in the server with TB? I saw someone named NTACloudenvy during his WTF on Caspian Border

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.