Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Would if be faster to go buy the box? (PC)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

That's the problem with downloading huge games with not-great internet connections. If you live close to a store, it's often faster to go and buy a copy of the game than it is to download it. Most people don't have fast enough internet to download large games quickly.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FrankCanada97

My boxed copy, for some reason, just downloaded the game through Origin when I put in the disk. It stops about half-way through needing the second disk, then it continues with the download.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hunkulese

@Fink said:

Hey all, me and my buddy are going to start up BF3 tonight. I bought my copy, but still need to buy his.

I started downloading, and even on his reasonably fast connection it's only at 4%. Since I need to buy another copy: Could I go to the store and buy his, then install it for both of us?

What I'm asking is what is the install like for the box versions? I assume you go through Origin like normal, I'm just a little fuzzy on the details. Anything I need to look out for?

What I panned on doing was buying it both online, and then transferring the download to his computer when it was done.

(I'm buying his BF3 because he's making me play CoD3 with him :P )

You got screwed in that deal. You're buying him a new PC game because he's making you play a 5 year old 360 game?

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By CrimsonNoir

it should only take you about an hour or more if you're on a 22Mbs connection. at least that's how long it took me.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By McShank

Instead of downloading the game on 2 rigs, just go buy the game in box copy. Should be alot faster unless you are nowhere near a store. I do know that my friend was able to download and install the game within like 2.5-3 hours and he was at a constant 2-3mbs through origin.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Jackel2072

to be honest Origin (pre-load) downloaded faster then any Steam game i have ever downloaded. it only took me 3 hours. 

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By DystopiaX

Yeah probably. ^3 hours is still longer than it takes to drive to a store and buy a disk though

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RsistncE

@FrankCanada97 said:

My boxed copy, for some reason, just downloaded the game through Origin when I put in the disk. It stops about half-way through needing the second disk, then it continues with the download.

It's actually installing from the disc, it just says downloading. That's why there's a disc swap half way through...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.