Bad Company 2 and Battlefield on Sale on Origin

#1 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

Origin is running a Labor Day sale, and you can pick up Bad Company 2 for $9.99, or Battlefield 3 for $20. Just thought everyone should know! I know I'm excited!

#2 Posted by MB (12288 posts) -

@kgb0515: Do you think BFBC2 is worth picking up just to check out the campaign?

#3 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

@MB: I liked the campaign, but the multiplayer is definitely worth it, and you get all the expansion maps aside from the Vietnam DLC. I liked BC2's MP better than BF3 for various reasons, but the campaign is worth at least $10 if you ask me.

#4 Posted by Andorski (5289 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. Will probably get BF3 and ME3 by now.

Syndicate is $30. Worth a buy?

#5 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@Andorski said:

Thanks for the heads up. Will probably get BF3 and ME3 by now.

Syndicate is $30. Worth a buy?

I really enjoyed Syndicate, but the MP might be dead

#6 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

@MB said:

@kgb0515: Do you think BFBC2 is worth picking up just to check out the campaign?

It might be. I bought syndicate for $6 on gamers gate and BFBC2 for $5 not all that long ago though, so I can't say the prices seem that great.

Most games that are worth your time to play at all are probably worth $10. EA is pretty good about releasing games that are at least worth playing if your intersted in the sub-genre.

#7 Posted by ajamafalous (11964 posts) -
@kgb0515 said:

@MB: I liked the campaign, but the multiplayer is definitely worth it, and you get all the expansion maps aside from the Vietnam DLC. I liked BC2's MP better than BF3 for various reasons, but the campaign is worth at least $10 if you ask me.

BFBC2 multiplayer is effectively dead. There are only something like 15-30 servers still up with people in them.
#8 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

Hmm...that wasn't my experience last night. I found that there were plenty of servers active depending on game type. Conquest was still pretty busy, but there were very few EA servers which might be a bad thing. I hate getting booted for no reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.