Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Bad Company 2 and BF1943 System Requirements

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FrankCanada97

Gordon Van Dyke posted the System Requirements and Recommended hardware on the BF Blog. So if any of you are planning to get Bad Company 2 on PC, this will give you an idea of what kind of PC you need.

A lot of you have been asking for the minimum hardware specs to run Frostbite games, more specifically for Battlefield Bad Company 2 & Battlefield 1943's minimum requirements, and today is the lucky day. Below, you likely skipped ahead and read them already, are the minimum and recommended hardware specs for running BFBC 2 and BF1943.

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
    Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
    Main memory: 2GB
    Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
    Graphics memory: 256MB
    Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
    10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
    Processor: Quadcore
    Main memory: 2GB
    Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
    Graphics memory: 512MB
    Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
    10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

So after reading this some of you might feel the need to update your list to Santa Claus or celebrating the power of your PC and e-manhood. Either way we hope this helps you prepare for the release of these epic Battlefield games! Now reserve here so you're ready! :-)

Personally, I'm getting the PS3 version, my GPU is too crappy to run this game now.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

@FrankCanada97 said:

"Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)  
    10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943) "

What's with the size difference between disc and download? Is it that the download version comes with less compression (such as it would on Blu-Ray) while the disc version needs to fit on a single DVD (dual layer for bc2, single layer for 1943)? If so, that is incredible!

I've been bitching about the DVD capacity limit forcing most multiplatform PC games to a certain size and how the download versions, which don' have this medium issue, suffer from it. Looks like I wasn't alone. I really hope this catches on.

I'll need to sell my pair of 9800gtx+s for a 300 series.

edit: Looks like they pulled the line about BF1943 disc size on the blog. Perhaps they're doing the full 10gb on a dual layer after all. I'll still buy the limited print disc version then enter my key on EADM and download the larger version.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

The recommended settings are way lower than what I expected. 

I know that this is 2 months old, but I had not yet seen this, and I suppose more people haven't, so totally bumping this.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Snail: Could it be possible that the System reqs changed in the past two months?
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail
    @FrankCanada97: I highly doubt that. 

The only thing on that list that my computer does not cover is the graphics card, so I hope it didn't change.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.