Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Bad Company 2 Super FAQ

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FrankCanada97

Straight from Planet Battlefield:

EA and DICE have been busy fielding Bad Company 2 questions on the Playstation Blog and Twitter. We compiled all the most informative and interesting responses and posted them below.

Playstation Blog Comment Responses

How long will the beta last?

Currently the Beta is planned on running up to January 4th, 2010. -Source

Single player info

We are focusing on multiplayer right now and will be releasing more information about the single player in the near future. Don’t worry Bad Company will be back including Haggard! -Source

1) Will the game support local co-op?
    2) Will the game support online co-op?
    3) Will the game support duel PSN ID log-in if there is local co-op? (Look at Resistance 2)

1) No local co-op
    2) We have some new game modes that I can’t mention yet, but you will be pleased.
    3) See answer above
    -Source

Will this be rated “M” or “T”?"

It will be an M rated title. -Source

So, how do Canadians get access to a beta key I absolutely must get in on this!

I believe that Canadians should be able to go through the same process as those in the US. You can pre-order at Best Buy and GameStop for guaranteed access or stay up to date at http://www.battlefield.com for other ways to get codes -Source

Is there a list yet of which retailers will be offering the beta?

Currently GameStop and Best Buy are offering the beta, but check back at the Battlefield Blog for updates. -Source

Looks awesome! Will the beta be available to UK PS3 owners?

Yes, the beta is available worldwide. -Source
    In North America, reserving at Gamestop will get you access. Best Buy is also putting together a program that we will announce details on early next week. -Source

There was no need to hold L3 down to do so like in BF:BC. Is this a function that is gonna be carried over?

Yes, same functionality as BF1943. Just click L3, no need to hold it down. -Source

Twitter Comments

Hey are the new screenshots ingame or from the engine?

All ingame, that's near the 2nd base going down into the town in Arica Harbor. Possibly my favorite location in mp gaming, ever -Source

The screenshots are taken with high quality AA & higher resolution for print purposes. But in-game action & content! -Source

The official blog tells that the PC beta will be Open, but in BashAndSlash interview Gordon tells that its a Closed one. How is it?

Pc is closed, demo in jan -Source

Hey could u tell how customizable the HUD will be? Can you remove the object markings etc. out of the way if u want?

Heh. can't say at the moment. Ask me again next week. -Source

Any early access on 360?

sadly no.. MS's holiday slate was totally booked. Really wanted to, though! -Source

I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not but is BF:BC 2 fully DX 11 compliant or is it just a feature of the engine?

Not fully clear yet, the PC specifics are still in development -Source

Hi Gordon, will BFBC2 support 1080p mode on PS3, BFBC and BF1943 didn't what about the newie?! Thanks. :)

No, but @repi is the man to ask about that, he's our rendering engineer with an unmeasurable IQ.

repi: BFBC2 renders a full 720p frame buffer and as such does not support the PS3 1080p mode, your TV will scale -Source

Can you explain in less than 140 why 1080P benefits aren't worth the memory cost, or are they?

1080p is a huge memory & perf hit on consoles, we instead use that for large environments, more destruction, vehicles and amount of players -Source

Is there AA on BFBC2 this time? i noticed BF1943 had a carrier texture loading glitch on PS3 only, but the game was slower on 360.

Sorry no AA for BFBC2 when using 720p. We again focus more on the gameplay, effects, destruction & environments -Source

But I hope AA works on pc :)

Yes on PC anti-aliasing will work -Source

And will Prone be avalible in PC version?

No. Prone is not in any version of BFBC2. -Source

Looks like BFBC2 will be on G4TV's X-Play next week.
    GordonVanDyke: @AdamSessler see you Wednesday next week for BFBC2.

Above questions and answers from the following DICE developers:
    Gordon Van Dyke
    Johan Andersson
    Alan Kertz
    David Goldfarb  

A bit bummed out about no local co-op, but I can live without it. I'd like to see what the multiplayer co-op mode is like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.