Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

BF:BC 2 - Fun Facts From The PS3 Beta

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

PS3 Beta Update by GvD

*Disclaimer* Copy 'n Paste from the official Battlefield Blog *Link*

The BFBC2 PS3 Beta has been a huge success thanks to a the massive participation (300,000+ people) and invaluable feedback.  The team is, and has been, very busy reviewing tons telemetry data, feedback from the community, and implementing it into the final game for an amazing launch this March 2010!  The Beta will close December 21st so make sure to get your playtime in so when the demo releases your skills are still sharp!

Here is some fun data we collected:

- Total kills =  45.42M
    - 9.4M k ills from Vehicles
    - 3.43M Vehicles Destroyed
    - 380K Houses Destroyed
    - 1.01M Marksman Headshots
    - Total number of points awarded =  10 100 094 360
    - Total number of Revives = 2.52M
    - Total Repair Tool kills = 15.58K
    - Total Defibrillator Kills = 12.69k
    - Total Knife Kills = 1.69M
    - Total C4 Kills = 730.81K

Again, thank you so much to everyone that participated in the PS3 Beta and we hope to see you in the Demo early next year! And after that the real deal, the Battlefield to rock the year 2010, Battlefield Bad Company 2! :-)

Disclaimer

/GvD

*Disclaimer* Copy 'n Paste from the official Battlefield Blog *Link* 
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97

So you have a 1 in 45 chance of getting sniped in the head. :)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli

Marksman Headshots are longrange headshots. You only get them, when you have to account for bulletdrop.

So yeah. A bullet might be flying over the entire map right now heading for your temple. ;D

Got sniped a couple of times from the tower on maptier 1, while I was defending maptier 4 and 5. Sonofabitch!

Also... sad fact: 'Beta ends on the 21st of December'. Still, I played for over 150h right now and might rack up another 30h 'til then. ValenciaJ is up to 200h (Leaderboard Nr.1) right now and not even rank 50 yet. Crazy replay value for a one map/one mode beta build. So much fun!

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
    DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@Seppli: 

I was about to say that I was surprised to see knife kills outnumber headshots, but now I understand.

Apparently, the beta is US only. Is that true? I played the hell outta BC online and had a blast. 

I have many fond memories of Battlefield 2 also... I can't wait to get stuck into the next one. Go teamwork!
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I love DICE so much for this beta, it's really a great example of how much craft and effort they put into their multi player as compared to the whole Infinity Ward "We don't need to beta test our game" *sips tea while wearing top hat and monocle*

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ProjektGill
    @DanceDanceKennypants: Beta is not US only because I'm in Canada playing it but it might be North America only.
    roughplague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By roughplague

I wasn't really happy with the BETA, mostly because I don't play much multiplayer in any game, and the ps3 controller didn't exactly feel right. I bought the last game on the 360 and the controllers where good. I don't know if it just takes some time to get used to, or what. Another problem I had was that the demo was restricted to a some sort of attack-and-defend mode, and it left me confused. I also had problems testing random things out, as I would just get sniped and shot in about 2 minutes of time. I'm not shitting on the game, it is one of my most anticipated games of 2010 so far. I would consider this a 360 buy for me, purely because of control issues.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

PS3 BETA ends, PC BETA begins. Huzzah!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seppli
    @roughplague said:

" I wasn't really happy with the BETA, mostly because I don't play much multiplayer in any game, and the ps3 controller didn't exactly feel right. I bought the last game on the 360 and the controllers where good. I don't know if it just takes some time to get used to, or what. Another problem I had was that the demo was restricted to a some sort of attack-and-defend mode, and it left me confused. I also had problems testing random things out, as I would just get sniped and shot in about 2 minutes of time. I'm not shitting on the game, it is one of my most anticipated games of 2010 so far. I would consider this a 360 buy for me, purely because of control issues. "

Yeah. The 360 pad is definitly better suited for  FPS gameplay. PS3 controls will be improved though. The devs said, that they didn't have the game optimized for the 'new' Dualshock 3 controller, which has a smaller deadzone than the first generation PS3 pads had (the ones without rumble). BF 1943 contols awesomely on 360. Finest movements register. 360 controls will definitly be more precise than what we have seen in the PS3 Beta, which already was very good. PS3 controls will improve too for Dualshock 3 users.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Seppli
    @roughplague said:
    " I wasn't really happy with the BETA, mostly because I don't play much multiplayer in any game, and the ps3 controller didn't exactly feel right. I bought the last game on the 360 and the controllers where good. I don't know if it just takes some time to get used to, or what. Another problem I had was that the demo was restricted to a some sort of attack-and-defend mode, and it left me confused. I also had problems testing random things out, as I would just get sniped and shot in about 2 minutes of time. I'm not shitting on the game, it is one of my most anticipated games of 2010 so far. I would consider this a 360 buy for me, purely because of control issues. "
    There will be 4 modes in the final game release. Rush (was in the Beta), Conquest (classic Battlefield Capture Point gameplay) and two yet to be announced squad based modes (designed for pro competitive gaming squads).

A German magazine had some hands-on with the singleplayer campaign and said that it feels and looks kinda similar to the first couple of levels of Crysis with a lot more destruction.
    Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Slippy

Roll on PC beta!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.