Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Chopper manoeuvres/tactic

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MrSnow

What do you do? Strafe then 8 and strafe again.    

I seen this thing called the slide on you tube. Holy shit it would be awesome to do this. 

So post your tactics!!!!  

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

My tactic is to try to take off and crash backwards into something.
    /sigh
    I need to buy a Joystick at some point. (PC heli controls suck ass)
    Probably will get one when I get the time to play MW4:MC free release :)

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Tennmuerti said:
    " My tactic is to try to take off and crash backwards into something. /sigh I need to buy a Joystick at some point. (PC heli controls suck ass) Probably will get one when I get the time to play MW4:MC free release :) "
    Saitek makes useable console-like gamepads.  I've used one (P3200) with ArmA 2 and piloting a helicopter was alright.  
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaneDev

I just fly around and shoot I dont really have a special tactic. I was disappointed that the weight and feel of the heli changed so much from BC1, in that game I could fly them anywhere and do some crazy shit kinda like the gunships in 2142,  in BC2 all you can really do is strafe because the maps are so small and narrow and the heli feels really heavy.

phil44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By phil44
    @Tennmuerti: Mouse and keyboard can work fine with choppers, i could dominate in bf2 with m&k, just takes a little practice. The problem with bc2 lies with the handling, it's well known that dice has limited the manouverability of pc heli's, the most noticable problem being the auto-leveling which prevents you from rolling properly, so it makes it very difficult to strafe and pull off some of the stuff seen in the console vids. A gamepad or joystick will NOT fix this issue, it may make it a little more useable, but the fundamental handling issues will still be there. It's very frustrating, but the next pc patch is meant to include heli handling tweaks, so hopefully that makes them a little more fun to fly.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jayross

All you need to do is circle straith.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By aaox

My personal favourite manoeuvre is the one where you get in and fly straight backwards into the giant gas tanks, and then have everybody yell at you so you leave the game because it was an accident and you can't take their scorn.

RollHard86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RollHard86

Dont really fly but the high speed circle strafe is hard as hell to hit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.