Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

PC gameplay issue.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By minotaka

Hey all you Bombers out there!

I needed to make a quick post about an annoyance thats cropped up on my PC version of Bc2. After taking a few weeks (roughly 3/4) break from playing,  i came back to just straight in and start lvling up my sniper class a bit more. One of the last patches that i had
    installed (if not the only patch, i dont really remember...) - a slight pause on respawning seemed to be implemented.  "Ok thats fine", it seems to break up the pace well enough, so i ignored it and carried on. After logging on this past week i've been getting this slow down on the spawn to the point 
    where i wont spawn at all... the action is flowing still and theres no dip in performance of my pc itself.... just i have to re-click the  'spawn' button again..   Is there a reason for this? i was hoping along the lines that EA had made some sorta cock up somewhere!

The other issue being after the 2nd clicky to get back into the fray, im sometimes stuck in the bloody floor!! My first instinct is to just press my space bar a bit and it works fine, but i dont wanna be leaping out like a nutter and get capped by some random dude on the other side of the map who likes to aim at the "out of water seal player". 

Is there anyone out there thats had a similar set of problems? An RL buddy of mine was experiancing this to the point where hes just headed back to WoW -  Don't let me be that person also, fellow Bombers!

Thanks all :))

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Geno

I haven't experienced an issue like this yet. Have you updated your drivers? 

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By spaceturtle

Me neither. I have played a good couple of hours this week but haven't experienced anything like that.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By minotaka

Yeah they've all been updated and my pc is in good form atm...  i really dont know what could be the problem :(!

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Evilmetal

what are your system specs?

TomTomWolfWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TomTomWolfWolf

yeah i have that pause before spawning, but being stuck in a floor?thats weird,sounds like lag to me

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By minotaka

Strangely enough i think it was due to lag, im yet to experiance it again... and the pause before spawning has started to decrease. But thanks all :)!

kamoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kamoku

Yup, that freeze up before the spawn is a common issue after the last patch. I assume you're an AVG user for that to happend, so what you need to do is add all the BFBC2 game folders(the game's and the documents) to the exceptions list on your resident shield. 

As for the ground thingy, well a lot of weird shit happens in the game like getting stuck in windows for most of the times. I know it's very annoying but I'm afraid I can't help you with that one, that's the game's fault (and maybe the player's too, those small ass windows aren't meant to squeeze through :P).

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Rowr

game is mad buggy on pc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.